• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 80's books.
9 9

1,000 posts in this topic

This one took me YEARS to find: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRANTIC-Winter-Special-1979-Alan-Moore-Cartoons-Curt-Vile-VERY-RARE-UK-Marvel-/191556239059?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c99a43ed3

If I didn't already have one from years ago, I'd be snatching this one up at that price without question. Surprised no one has yet...

D'oh! Technically not '80s... Christmas 1979... so still on the stands the first days of 1980!

The last time I took advice on buying "British" magazines, it was Warrior #1 about 10 years ago. That went pretty well. :grin:

So, I just got the Frantic with a Best Offer at 30% off. (thumbs u

This one took me YEARS to find: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRANTIC-Winter-Special-1979-Alan-Moore-Cartoons-Curt-Vile-VERY-RARE-UK-Marvel-/191556239059?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c99a43ed3

If I didn't already have one from years ago, I'd be snatching this one up at that price without question. Surprised no one has yet...

D'oh! Technically not '80s... Christmas 1979... so still on the stands the first days of 1980!

The last time I took advice on buying "British" magazines, it was Warrior #1 about 10 years ago. That went pretty well. :grin:

Jealous!

Jealous!

PS: There are LOTS of insanely tough-to-fond UK comics and magazines from the '70s, '80s and '90s with VERY strong connections to US properties and big-name creators. That can still be had pretty cheaply if you know what you're looking for and actually commit to the hunt.

I just picked up a $3 UK fanzine from the early '70s. Back cover by Dave Gibbons.

There's early Bolland, Moore, Morrison and others to be had out there, too. And some with very mainstream-comic connections...such as Mad Dog #10 by Alan Moore. VERY VERY tough to find...and directly linked to Marvel's Captain Britain multiverse mess...

I don't know about you guys but Crow 1-4 is a major toughy in high grade,as well as Caliber Presents #15.

Compared to some of the other books in this thread, they really aren't that bad - I've owned 4 or 5 CGC 9.8 Crow #1s over the years, for instance.

I don't know about you guys but Crow 1-4 is a major toughy in high grade,as well as Caliber Presents #15.

Compared to some of the other books in this thread, they really aren't that bad - I've owned 4 or 5 CGC 9.8 Crow #1s over the years, for instance.

4 or 5 out of the 10 graded in 9.8? Man you could have cornered the market. :o

After not selling VOID the last 2 tries the dealer keeps increasing the price, as if that's going to help his sell it if it didn't go for $15,000.

And not just a little bit, but $5,000.00 a pop... $20,000.00 and now $25,000.00 !!! Really !??!

Right there is a bunch of high gage Golden Ages or a Major issue Silver Ages.

Even some nice Kirby or Ditko Original artwork. doh!

Edited by 4thHOSTCELESTIALS

I picked up a high grade set at the Calgary Comic Expo. All 4 books were 9.2+.

Then at the end of packing up my vendor booth from day one the books got crushed by a slab. doh!

Then at the end of packing up my vendor booth from day one the books got crushed by a slab. doh!

:cry:

After not selling VOID the last 2 tries the dealer keeps increasing the price, as if that's going to help his sell it if it didn't go for $15,000.

And not just a little bit, but $5,000.00 a pop... $20,000.00 and now $25,000.00 !!! Really !??!

Ever some nice Kirby or Ditko Original artwork. doh!

Who cares if some person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point on eBay doesn't understand that demand is the important other side of the equation?

Do you want a copy? Is that why you're so upset?

:cry:

:frustrated::pullhair:doh!:cry:

Ever some nice Kirby or Ditko Original artwork. doh!

That's nice - WHY ARE WE YELLING?

:ohnoez:

-slym

It took years but I finally found another one of my grails. From the 1st Elflord Series (Nightwynd) the elusive Windblade #1. This might be the first time anyone has ever seen a copy.

Windblade #1

scan0168.jpgscan0169.jpg

Someone sold one of these for like $8 on eBay about a year ago. I saw it in completed listings :cry:

It took years but I finally found another one of my grails. From the 1st Elflord Series (Nightwynd) the elusive Windblade #1. This might be the first time anyone has ever seen a copy.

Windblade #1

scan0168.jpgscan0169.jpg

Someone sold one of these for like $8 on eBay about a year ago. I saw it in completed listings :cry:

For sellers in the know, what the going rate for a copy of this HTF book? hm