• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 80's books.
9 9

1,000 posts in this topic

Not sure if anybody here has seen it yet but the new ComicConnect auction starts today and ends in June and includes this amazing nugget.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=505633

That classifies as HTF. I've never actually seen one in the wild, but it's not something I collect either. Cool though.

DG

I just saw this conversation and remembered buying my son a carded Warlord figure. I went upstairs and ransacked our mini comic collection to see if the comic was in there...it wasn't. I also have a Hercules figure from when I was a kid, but I don't remember a comic coming with him either.

From an eBay listing:

FROM THE VOID

Starting bid: US $15,000.00 :tonofbricks:

"Near Mint. Very Rare -possibly the only copy in existence in this condition. Locally printed in OTTAWA, CANADA with stories and art by Jim Woo and Barry Blair of Elf lord fame.

Beautiful cover. All art in black and white. A few dents on the lower left side but still an amazing item. "

$T2eC16dHJGkE9no8iPv(BRHE)(qcrQ~~60_57.JPG

For that price you can pick up a really, really nice Golden Age comic, or a couple. Or even 3-7 extra nice Silver Ages, especially if you make a combination deal.

Seeing the Warlord comic/toy made me think about the Starriors line. Swiped this image off of ebay, but I'm sure I have all the Marvel mini-comics that came with the toys, and may still have a toy or two lying around somewhere as well. I enjoyed the 4 issue mini-series (regular size comic) growing up and went through a phase with collecting these toys. They were a lot of fun.

$_1.JPG

This one took me YEARS to find: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRANTIC-Winter-Special-1979-Alan-Moore-Cartoons-Curt-Vile-VERY-RARE-UK-Marvel-/191556239059?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c99a43ed3

If I didn't already have one from years ago, I'd be snatching this one up at that price without question. Surprised no one has yet...

D'oh! Technically not '80s... Christmas 1979... so still on the stands the first days of 1980!