• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SD GA Report?

230 posts in this topic

I was informed earlier that not a single high grade MMC was to be found on the show floor.

Jim

lol Mmc2 in cgc 8.0.....mmc3 in cgc 9.0....marvel 1 in 9.2 Etc...plenty of high grade mmc lol

I was informed earlier that not a single high grade MMC was to be found on the show floor.

Jim

lol Mmc2 in cgc 8.0.....mmc3 in cgc 9.0....marvel 1 in 9.2 Etc...plenty of high grade mmc lol

Sounds like your informant needs to be sent to the Russian front !!! :sumo:

Jim

No kidding. Of course Ricky sounds like he's talking about his own books, so my informant might not have thought they were really for sale :shrug:

Jim

Jim

No kidding. Of course Ricky sounds like he's talking about his own books, so my informant might not have thought they were really for sale :shrug:

Jim

Verzyl is there with an MMC #2 CGC 9.0 and a slew of other 9.0-9.4 Timely books.

He's also putting up his Zip Comics Church run (the entire run) for sale for the first time. I was talking to Mark Haspel who was informing me that it's basically an impossible run to put together in any grade (the later issues just are never to be found) and so the Church run (which is made up of mostly 9.6/9.8 copies along with one 9.9 copy...from 1940) is a pretty impressive run.

Also saw Chuck's Red Raven #1 as well as a slew of other books that were impressive (Tec #27 CGC 7.5, two copies of Action #1, two CGC 4.0 copies of Tec #27)...some impressive material to be sure.

Lots of dealers talking about great sales and lots of collectors talking about lots of great books to be had at decent prices.

I've never been to a show as impressive as this one.

Jim

Jim

Verzyl is there with an MMC #2 CGC 9.0 and a slew of other 9.0-9.4 Timely books.

He's also putting up his Zip Comics Church run (the entire run) for sale for the first time. I was talking to Mark Haspel who was informing me that it's basically an impossible run to put together in any grade (the later issues just are never to be found) and so the Church run (which is made up of mostly 9.6/9.8 copies along with one 9.9 copy...from 1940) is a pretty impressive run.

Also saw Chuck's Red Raven #1 as well as a slew of other books that were impressive (Tec #27 CGC 7.5, two copies of Action #1, two CGC 4.0 copies of Tec #27)...some impressive material to be sure.

Lots of dealers talking about great sales and lots of collectors talking about lots of great books to be had at decent prices.

I've never been to a show as impressive as this one.

Thanks Roy for all of the great feedback.

Sounds like an amazing show; what's more impressive to me would be the opportunity to get to see those Action #1's and Detective #27's in person (the 7.5 would probably make my jaw-drop and it would likely stay that way until I left California).

Sadly though, a trip to San Diego was not possible for me this year. :cry:

I nevertheless enjoy reading about other people's experiences there. I'm sure if I was there, I'd be the nerd drooling over the key GA books for 95% of the time.

Glad you're enjoying the show thus far. (thumbs u

Wow, I'd love to see some pictures of these.

Wow, I'd love to see some pictures of these.

I'll see if he'll let me snap pics of these. They are just unreal.

The 9.9 is the earliest example of an actual newsstand issue comic to receive a CGC 9.9 designation.