• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SD GA Report?

230 posts in this topic

Centaurs, early Fox, early Fiction House, and MLJ's were very, very scarce, hardly to be found at the Con at all.

hm indeed! That's very interesting news - would you normally expect to see more of those?

No, not really but one never knows what will turn up. FUELMAN managed to score some books in these categories, just waiting on his scans... :popcorn:

Spill the beans, Steve dawg!!

:baiting:

I saw that, Roy! :taptaptap:(tsk)

I'm building up the excitement.

I believe Steve got it from Motor City Comics.

Righto - I skipped the book at first when I saw "File" as I am so leery of paper quality on file copies. But I took another look later on and the pages were nearly white, much to my surprise - sold!

Motor City Mike did us good on the two books - yes, there is a mate to this book which another board member may scan and show some time down the road. :shy:

Congratulations on the Action #14 I can't wait to see it! (thumbs u

Action14.jpg

wow Steve. You were right. Very nice eye appeal :cool: I wish you had it with you when we chatted. You are always in the right place at the right time :cool:

As for GA at the show, DCs and Timelys were fairly abundant. Pre Robins were slim ---27s at Rick/Adam's and Metro, a nice PLOD 31 - Rick/Adam, 33 - Metro. That was it for the Bat covers. Not many Bat 1s at the show either. Two Action 1s in the room, 7/10/13 all at Gatorland. I enjoyed delivering a 4.0 blue Action 2 to Rick and Adam's booth. It was a nice walk Rick. Thanks :cool:

As for GA at the show, DCs and Timelys were fairly abundant. Pre Robins were slim ---27s at Rick/Adam's and Metro, a nice PLOD 31 - Rick/Adam, 33 - Metro. That was it for the Bat covers. Not many Bat 1s at the show either. Two Action 1s in the room, 7/10/13 all at Gatorland. I enjoyed delivering a 4.0 blue Action 2 to Rick and Adam's booth. It was a nice walk Rick. Thanks :cool:

What was the condition of the Tec 27? I assume the Metro was the 4.0 on the site.

James G

What was the condition of the Tec 27? I assume the Metro was the 4.0 on the site.

James G

yep, 4.0 blue is on CC..the 27 at Rick/Adam's booth was a 7.0 Ex I believe..

James G

yep, 4.0 blue is on CC..the 27 at Rick/Adam's booth was a 7.0 Ex I believe..
:gossip: 7.0 moderate with virtually NO cover added resto (more interior and cover cleaning, one small piece to cover, but cover is 98% in original condition and untouched outside of cleaning)

the cgc 4.0 tec 27 was our very own 1koko's, not metro's, but it was displayed in the comicconnect booth all weekend, though it made a brief appearance at our booth :baiting:

Rick, what was that NG book you had in between your Superman #1s? Was it a coverless issue?

Looks like Roy's incomplete Supes #1.

(thumbs u

Comic connect has the book on there site for 320k..Just saw it.

Man have times changed..I paid 40k for a 4.0 in 1996.

a year and a half ago I sold a 3.0 for $110K...times have changed indeed :o

Rick, what was that NG book you had in between your Superman #1s? Was it a coverless issue?

(thumbs u

Rick graciously allowed me to display a few books on his wall in case there was some interest.

(worship)

Comic connect has the book on there site for 320k..Just saw it.

Man have times changed..I paid 40k for a 4.0 in 1996.

a year and a half ago I sold a 3.0 for $110K...times have changed indeed :o

:o

(thumbs u

Rick graciously allowed me to display a few books on his wall in case there was some interest.

(worship)

He should have charged a commission. :devil:

:grin: