• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 90's books.
7 7

1,246 posts in this topic

blackkiss1.JPG

blackkiss2.JPG

blackkiss3.JPG

Hard Black Kiss signed/numbered hardcover limited to 666 copies by Howard Chaykin. Put out by Vortex in 1993(?). Nice gold foil lips stamp on the cover. Too bad the paper they used is newsprint. Anybody read the new series? Is it worth picking up?

Edited by kpaqu1

Hard Black Kiss signed/numbered hardcover limited to 666 copies by Howard Chaykin. Put out by Vortex in 1993(?). Nice gold foil lips stamp on the cover. Too bad the paper they used is newsprint. Anybody read the new series? Is it worth picking up?

I picked up the first issue of BK v2 #1 and it's nuts. Never read the first series and picked up this one since Chaykin was appearing at a local con and wanted it signed. Read it and still have no idea what was going on. Haven't seen the 1st vol. for cheap at local stores in a while, I guess I'll be on the lookout for it for the collection.

arbh1.JPG

arbh2.JPG

Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters: America the Beautiful limited hardcover put out by Eclipse in 1990. Signed on a plate by Don Chin and Parsonavich. Only 350 printed!

That is awesome! :golfclap:

beanworld1.JPG

beanworld2.JPG

beanworld3.JPG

Larry Marder's Beanworld Book 1 signed and sketched(!) on plate limited hardcover of 650

and

Larry Marder's Beanworld Book 2 signed and sketched(!) on plate limited hardcover of 225

Beanworld!!! :cloud9:

arbh1.JPG

arbh2.JPG

Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters: America the Beautiful limited hardcover put out by Eclipse in 1990. Signed on a plate by Don Chin and Parsonavich. Only 350 printed!

:applause:

That is sweeeet!

I have only seen a couple of these Hardcover Slipcase.

Here is my notes from back in the day

Cover Date: May 1994

Cover Price: Free

Format: Color; Hardcover; 428 pages

Reprints/Collects:

Amazing Fantasy (1962) #15

The Avengers (1963) #1

The Avengers (1963) #4

Daredevil (1964) #1

Fantastic Four (1961) Annual 01

Fantastic Four (1961) #1

Fantastic Four (1961) #4

The Incredible Hulk (1962) #1

Journey Into Mystery (1952) #83

Sgt. Fury (1963) #1

Silver Surfer (1968) #1

Strange Tales (1951) #110

Strange Tales (1951) #115

Strange Tales (1951) #135

Tales of Suspense (1959) #39

Tales of Suspense (1959) #63

Tales to Astonish (1959) #27

Tales to Astonish (1959) #35

Uncanny X-Men (1963) #1

Notes:

Limited edition leather-bound hardcover with slipcase and bookmark. Less than 2000 copies printed.

The Marvel Limited series was a dealer incentive program that produced high-quality hardbound books with print runs specifically based on the number of dealers who met the monthly quota requirements, and then chose to purchase the book.

Foreword and afterword by Stan Lee. Commentary for each issue by Tom DeFalco, Larry Lieber, Herb Trimpe, Roy Thomas, John Romita Sr., Joe Sinnott, Don Heck, Ayers, Ralph Macchio, Scott Lobdell, Mark Gruenwald, Gene Colan, Jim Steranko, and John Buscema.

S5003274_zpsd4a23bb4.jpg

S5003278_zps4c4858f3.jpg

S5003275_zps937fd2c2.jpg

S5003276_zpse572cb05.jpg

Classic shilling going on Jawbreaker

Member Id: o***8 ( 66Feedback score is 50 to 99) Cancelled: £190.00 Explanation:can no longer afford item Bid:19-Jan-13 05:24:13 GMT

Cancelled: 19-Jan-13 12:32:54 GMT

This leaves the high bidder in at £165 verses a zero feedback bidder. :tonofbricks:

I hope he is wise and realizes whats going on

I guess I get to keep my Jawbreaker after all lol

Classic shilling going on Jawbreaker

Member Id: o***8 ( 66Feedback score is 50 to 99) Cancelled: £190.00 Explanation:can no longer afford item Bid:19-Jan-13 05:24:13 GMT

Cancelled: 19-Jan-13 12:32:54 GMT

This leaves the high bidder in at £165 verses a zero feedback bidder. :tonofbricks:

I hope he is wise and realizes whats going on

I guess I get to keep my Jawbreaker after all lol

I'm scouring the dollar bins for one. :wishluck:

Well I can't match that...

But, as I mistakenly asked in the 80's thread earlier:

Anyone know what kind of print run Paul Pope's self published THB had?

Finding one in 9.4 and up seems a real chore, though we aren't concerned with that here...

Even the VF+'s go for $25-40 regular on eBay, which seems pretty healthy...

Haven't ever seen any discussion of it on here...

I know this post is old, but I finally found my scan of THB #1. Most of my scans are cropped so they can be placed into online cover galleries.

001_THB.jpg

If I recall, this is a very thick comic which would be hard to keep in nice shape.

I may have more than one, but my comics are in such disarray it would take months to find it if so.

I've also unearthed some scans of other Horse Press item.

Promo... (I think there's a pink one also that I don't own)

nn_promo_THB_zps34c8fd4e.png

Oversized

001_P_City_Parade_zps7491fe3a.png

Treasury-sized items... (stitched scans)

001_Buzz_Buzz_Comics_Magazine_zps6f191d57.png

nn_Giant_THB_Parade_zps4319eef6.png

I like Paul Pope's art, but I lost interest after he went to DC with a project.

DG

I'm bumping this to add a little to it. The pink promo you are refering to is also known as the pink ashcan or THB #69. Amazon has a pic of it

http://www.amazon.com/THB-69-Comic-Book-TNB/dp/B004NJZ8LU

At least 5 of them have sold on ebay since November. On ebay right now at least one or two copies of the other books you pictured are available. THB books are not super easy to find and you will probably not find many of them in dollar boxes but none of them that I am aware of qualify as being rare or even scarce.

Edited by Murphman13