• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 90's books.
7 7

1,246 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

It has been a while since I posted here and with good, albeit sad, reason...

My recent divorce has robbed me of almost everything, including my comic book collection.

Only last week have I been able to re-acquire an important part of what I have collected in the past 35 odd years.

Since this thread so eloquently deals with not simply valuable, but rather rare comic books, I wanted to share some of it with you all.

In this case my collection of Valiant Gold Logo variant books.

At one point I owned all the Valiant books, or at least I think so, and the Gold Logos were my pride and joy.

Before they are sold, or otherwise split up, I wanted to give you an opportunity to see them all together in one place.

You can view them here:

Valiant (G)old & Rare

Enjoy!

All the best & even better,

Peter

(Lasher33)

Valiant_Overview.jpg

You know you are still a fan when you get excited over these books, and not about how much money you can make from their resale.

Unity 0 Red is still one of those covers I still love. :cloud9:

The thing that really catches my eye there is that Valiant Gold Logo sticker. If that ever makes it back into your hands and is for sale, send me a message!

I misunderstood the post.

Only last week have I been able to re-acquire an important part of what I have collected in the past 35 odd years.

I thought he was saying these items were back in his possession. But I may be wrong.

(shrug)

I'm not sure how the Valiant fans consider this particular "comic" but I always thought it was pretty sweet. Signed at a comic convention much like the Deatmate Tourbook.

This copy is just a cover. Many of the others have autographs all over them. I called it Deathmate White. (thumbs u

sDeathmateWhite.png

Edited by whetteon

I'm not sure how the Valiant fans consider this particular "comic" but I always thought it was pretty sweet. Signed at a comic convention much like the Deatmate Tourbook.

This copy is just a cover. Many of the others have autographs all over them. I called it Deathmate White. (thumbs u

sDeathmateWhite.png

There's a bunch of error copies (white/grey) of this floating around, which is not just the cover, but the full comic. I had one awhile back and sold it....and there's one on ebay from some clown who's set the record for ebay re-lists.

WHOA!

What is that? Was it a promo piece for the Prologue book?

The cover-only foil-less one was a convention giveaway, so yes.

There are foil-deprived misprint Deathmates of all shapes and sizes out there that also have the full interior, of course. As mentioned. I thought I had the record for relists! I have a few listings going on 7 years.... :)

WHOA!

There are foil-deprived misprint Deathmates of all shapes and sizes out there that also have the full interior, of course. As mentioned. I thought I had the record for relists! I have a few listings going on 7 years.... :)

Maybe he was talking about me? :blush:

WHOA!

Maybe he was talking about me? :blush:

:gossip: I was. But he's on a roll, so let him go into the "Germans bombing Pearl Harbor" speech.

:baiting: