• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 90's books.
7 7

1,246 posts in this topic

WHOA!

What is that? Was it a promo piece for the Prologue book?

The cover-only foil-less one was a convention giveaway, so yes.

There are foil-deprived misprint Deathmates of all shapes and sizes out there that also have the full interior, of course. As mentioned. I thought I had the record for relists! I have a few listings going on 7 years.... :)

Thanks for filling in the details ckb. You did a much better job explaining it than I did. And for what it is worth, it's pretty damn cool. :luhv:

Edited by whetteon

I know it's been mentioned before, but one day I would love to find a Hulk 377 3rd print in the wild. I've actually never seen one in person.

Yeah, that book (among many others) is always on my mind when I'm digging through long boxes wherever I go.

I know it's been mentioned before, but one day I would love to find a Hulk 377 3rd print in the wild. I've actually never seen one in person.

Yeah, that book (among many others) is always on my mind when I'm digging through long boxes wherever I go.

Me too. I have one.......somewhere........................

Following the nice remarks I received for my scans of Museum Editions & Octagons (last year) and the Valiant Gold Logos, I am now sharing a few other books that I have back in my possession now.

Granted, they may not all be the rarest on the planet, but I'm sure that several will certainly raise an eyebrow or two.

Enjoy!

Vampirella (Harris)

Chaos! Comics

J.M. Linsner

Image Gold Logos

And although quite off-topic:

Trading Cards

All the best & even better,

Peter

(Lasher33)

Hi all, I know this is not the rarest book out there, but I noticed that it has a blacked out area on the upper right corner like where a comics code would be and there is a difference in color shading on Ernie's face. I hope some of you hardcore collectors could help me identify this comic. The other pic is from the internet for reference.

Thanks in advance!!!

Fufat

a9cfe127-4a99-4525-a70f-fc99850f4efb_zps99b9f935.jpg54819c20-e55d-4bec-b65e-2ef5f76230d3_zps9dad4cd5.jpg

[

Hi all, I know this is not the rarest book out there, but I noticed that it has a blacked out area on the upper right corner like where a comics code would be and there is a difference in color shading on Ernie's face. I hope some of you hardcore collectors could help me identify this comic. The other pic is from the internet for reference.

Thanks in advance!!!

Fufat

a9cfe127-4a99-4525-a70f-fc99850f4efb_zps99b9f935.jpg54819c20-e55d-4bec-b65e-2ef5f76230d3_zps9dad4cd5.jpg

[

Its a faded copy of Evil Ernie #3

Thanks for your input Kevin, thats possible. Would all the colors on Ernie fade to a blue hue, like for instance if the book was baking in the sun could the light turn his brown jacket a bluish tint? Could it be a printing error of some sort? I might have to do an experiment this week on a book to really see.

fufat

Thanks for your input Kevin, thats possible. Would all the colors on Ernie fade to a blue hue, like for instance if the book was baking in the sun could the light turn his brown jacket a bluish tint? Could it be a printing error of some sort? I might have to do an experiment this week on a book to really see.

fufat

Well if it's a printing error, you can always put it up for ebay for 20k!

:D

Sorry dude, I just dont think that it is a rarity, I do think it is faded, if you do a search you will find loads of examples.

242ok.jpg242Faded.jpg

Thanks for your help, I guess I'll just store it away. I found this book within a large collection I acquired. Being that it is faded I guess it lost its value. I paid .20 for the book so, I really can't complain. :grin:

Just has fun flipping through this thread. Lots of fun stuff! I'll have to dig through my archives to see what I've got. Lord knows I've got nearly the entire CHAOS universe with some pretty rare variants, one I grabbed directly at CHAOS! when I visited in the 90's.

Nice to see someone dug up Creed! I loved that stuff, and even own a Creed / Cyberfrog page by Trent Kanuga - even got both him and Ethan to sign it! I think I have an Extreme Studios comic with about 75 sigs on it, I can't identify that many of them, but it was supposed to be everyone that worked there.

At one point I had a promo binder from Lighting Comics that had a ton of cool / rare variants, including some "nude" ones. Lord only knows where that ended up. I've been collecting since the 80's but been a weekly collector since 1993 so I've got a TON of stuff up in my comic room.

I'll have to take some pics of some of the more rare stuff I have next time I dive into the archives!

Isnt that just how many of us ended up here?

*I* certainly did!!!

Thanks for sharing your story and I'm looking forward to some details and scans.

And BTW, for anyone following this thread: my now ex-wife has offered to return all of my comic books in exchange for my collection of Dutch graphic novels...

Which she also holds hostage, I might add.

Women... *grin*

(No offense meant to the female readers of this topic)

*Dodging bullets, cream pies and worse...* ;)

We are talking 11 long boxes full of early 80s - mid 90s books. Most Marvel, but also all Valiant series, Defiant, Malibu, tons of early Image and a host of others.

I still have to decide, but seeing that it also holds the entire run of Dutch versions of the Marvel series from 1967 till at least 2000, I will probably go for it.

Any ideas?

grtz,

Peter

(Lasher33)