• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 90's books.
7 7

1,246 posts in this topic

Print run of 2,000 - Creed #1 from Hall of Heroes. 1 at 9.8 on census (listed at $1k on ebay), 2 at 9.4 - including mine - which I subbed about a decade ago, looks like 9.6 by today's standards.

creeed1.jpg

I've never heard of this book, but here you go. $22.50 shipped to your house.

What about these two? The Spider-Man was mail order, and so was the Teknophage. And the mailing of Teknophage was in plain manila envelopes like a magazine so most of them were creased down the middle of the metal front cover.

Spider-ManSpecialEdition19920001_zps07571e70.jpg

Spider-ManSpecialEdition19920003_zpsfab7b47e.jpg

Spider-ManSpecialEdition19920004_zps35c26b7b.jpg

Teknophage10001_zps41ef42c9.jpg

I've seen that Spidey book in high grade by the handfuls at shows.

I've never seen the other book that I can remember.

I figured the Spidey was distributed AFTER they had a bunch left over from the mail order.., and Tekno Comics did not last long, but it seems to be a real steel cover-- much thicker than the foil covers on anything else. It will actually bend and hold a crease. I have 3- the other two were damaged in shipping.

I got the Unicef Spidey book in the mail too. It was shipped in a thin clear plastic bag, and by an absolute miracle arrived with only one stress mark. I am convinced that all the mail damage I have gotten to subsequent books was due to the karmic balancing of the scales based off that Spidey. lol

Can't be too many of these around. I've never seen a third printing before. My brother just picked it up in a collection.

VengeanceBane3rd.jpg