• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 90's books.
7 7

1,246 posts in this topic

Isnt that just how many of us ended up here?

*I* certainly did!!!

Thanks for sharing your story and I'm looking forward to some details and scans.

And BTW, for anyone following this thread: my now ex-wife has offered to return all of my comic books in exchange for my collection of Dutch graphic novels...

Which she also holds hostage, I might add.

Women... *grin*

(No offense meant to the female readers of this topic)

*Dodging bullets, cream pies and worse...* ;)

We are talking 11 long boxes full of early 80s - mid 90s books. Most Marvel, but also all Valiant series, Defiant, Malibu, tons of early Image and a host of others.

I still have to decide, but seeing that it also holds the entire run of Dutch versions of the Marvel series from 1967 till at least 2000, I will probably go for it.

Any ideas?

grtz,

Peter

(Lasher33)

Shoot the ex-wife and take ALL of it!

:jokealert:

Regarding Batman #497 -- The first, second, and third prints all have the overlay; the easiest way to tell is to look under the overlay. The second print has "II" on it, and the third print has "III" on it.

More info:

1st Print: Batman logo in Red with a White Background

2nd Print: Batman logo in Red with a Yellow Background

3rd Print: Batman logo in Yellow with a Red Background

Only 8 2nd prints in CGC 9.8, and here's the only 3rd Print in 9.8 (next highest is a 9.2):

aa28.jpg

I know this post is months old but just wanted to show my book from my latest submission. Dixon might have signed it partially under the flap and with a dying sharpie but its the only 9.8 SS of the 3rd print.

Batman497-3rd-f_zps127d183c.jpg

Other than the terrible sig made with a terrible Sharpie that book rules!

Thanks bud. I now have the first print signed and sketched by Kelley Jones. Blue labels on the newsstand and 2nd prints and that 3rd print all in 9.8. They go with my other set of Detective 659s

th_DetectiveComics659SS-f_zpscdcba9b4.jpg th_DetectiveComics6592nd-F.jpg th_DetectiveComics6593rdprint-f.jpg

Also I just need to get the Batman 492 3rd print from RMA and I will have all of those

th_Batman492-F-1.jpg th_Batman4922nd-F.jpg th_Batman492Plat-F.jpg

and of course you know where I got the Platinum one.

Hey guys I came across this book last week at a local show and thought it was interesting. Does anyone have a copy of this version of X-O. The logo has an aluminum look to it. I put the regular, aluminum look and ivory logos next each other so it could be seen easier.

photo XOMETAL_zps1b7e9517.jpeg

photo XOAE_zpscdecea88.jpg

Edited by fufat70

Hi all. I have a Deathlok #5 Mock-up variant. Can someone tell me what the print run is on this book? CGC case says that this book was produced in 1991 to test new printing covers. This book has a Deathlok #5 acetate cover on a Spider-Man #20 comic book. Can't imagine there are a lot of these floating around.

Thanks!

Meck

<a  href=DSCN2470_zps93088a35.jpg' alt='DSCN2470_

Hey guys I came across this book last week at a local show and thought it was interesting. Does anyone have a copy of this version of X-O. The logo has an aluminum look to it. I put the regular, aluminum look and ivory logos next each other so it could be seen easier.

3 variants of this, Standard, Gold & Ivory.

None are particularly rare or valuable

Hi all. I have a Deathlok #5 Mock-up variant. Can someone tell me what the print run is on this book? CGC case says that this book was produced in 1991 to test new printing covers. This book has a Deathlok #5 acetate cover on a Spider-Man #20 comic book. Can't imagine there are a lot of these floating around.

Thanks!

Meck

:)

3 variants of this, Standard, Gold & Ivory.

None are particularly rare or valuable

Yeah... I know many people have these including myself but the one in the middle I never came across until recently, be it a variant or an error.

Here's a closer view...

photo XOAELARGE_zpsafe1421c.jpg

How 'bout instead of sullying a thread of ultra-rare, impossible-to-find books, you take these common error books somewhere else...

So.... what your trying to say is... being that this error book is common, I can assume you have one in your collection. How am I tarnishing this thread. I'm presenting comic book related information to share and also to learn about. Thats what I feel this site is for. If you don't like what I upload to share you have every right to ignore my posts. I don't come on here to impress what I own, I search this site to learn about books I never knew existed. :foryou:

Here's a closer view...

photo XOAELARGE_zpsafe1421c.jpg

How 'bout instead of sullying a thread of ultra-rare, impossible-to-find books, you take these common error books somewhere else...

That was both insulting to the poster and totally uncalled for. :facepalm: