• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

The way it's going, I think at some point around season 8 or 9, the show may pass the comic book and that'll be ok since it's a separate, alternate TWD universe. It'll be cool to not speculate on what may happen next since there won't be any reference material like now.

I'm excited for Negan to show up and wondering which actor will be tapped for the role. I'm assuming it'll be a toned down version, but hope they stick as close to the comic book Negan as possible, since he's a fun "bad guy" I hate to love.

#100 unfortunately is drek material save for a few books.

They had said that there's so much comic material that that is why they can go to 10-12 seasons.

I highly doubt that the show will pass the book. And some of the story may differ from the book slightly but it still follows it the time line and characters. It's NOT a separate, alternate TWD universe

I highly doubt that the show will pass the book. And some of the story may differ from the book slightly but it still follows it the time line and characters. It's NOT a separate, alternate TWD universe

With the time jump in issue 127, there's a lot that can happen and and it will be interesting to see what route the show goes when it gets there. I respect your opinion on the same universe topic (show and comic book), but I beg to differ and do recall reading and/or hearing on more than one occasion where RK refers to them as separate universes. Quote:

AS A GEEK, I LIKE TO THINK OF THE TELEVISION SHOW AS THIS ALTERNATE DIMENSION PARALLEL TO THE COMIC BOOK UNIVERSE.

— ROBERT KIRKMAN

http://www.wired.com/2014/02/walking-dead-kirkman-interview/

But they still have a lot of ground to cover before Negan arrives. Hence the 10 seasons. The show can't pass the book imo

There isn't much ground to cover after Beware The Hunters. The only thing good prior to Something To Fear, was No Way Out. The rest felt like anime filler.