• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

GAME OF THRONES SPOILERS AHEAD

I love the Game of Thrones. I have read all the books twice and watched every episode twice. It's currently my favorite TV show with the Walking Dead close behind. The problem for the Game of Thrones is after book three(season 3-4 of the TV show) nothing major happens. The third book Storm of Swords(season 3 and 4 of the show) has ample big moments and major plot changes. IMO it's the best book by far. People who watch the show but who have not read the books might start dropping the show in the next couple of seasons because like I said nothing major really happens.

Of course we still have two more books with more material coming but i would be very surprised if the Game of Thrones can keep the same viewership over the next couple of years unless the show starts making major changes from the books. There were so many key deaths/huge moments in the last couple seasons of Game of Thrones and nothing like that will be happening for at least the next two seasons.

Edited by raybowles

GAME OF THRONES SPOILERS AHEAD

I love the Game of Thrones. I have read all the books twice and watched every episode twice. It's currently my favorite TV show with the Walking Dead close behind. The problem for the Game of Thrones is after book three(season 3-4 of the TV show) nothing major happens. The third book Storm of Swords(season 3 and 4 of the show) have ample big moments and major plot changes. People who watch the show but who have not read the books might start dropping the show in the next couple of seasons because like I said nothing major really happens.

Of course we still have two more books with more material coming but i would be very surprised if the Game of Thrones can keep the same viewership over the next couple of years unless the show starts making major changes from the books. There were so many key deaths/huge moments in the last couple seasons of Game of Thrones and nothing like that will be happening for at least the next two seasons.

i do not read the GOT Books (aint got time fo' dat), that being said, i REALLY hope that

Greyjoy

is important, because they sure do waste a LOT of PRECIOUS screentime on that storyline, given that each TV Season is only 10 hours long

I haven't read the GoT books, but as far as I know from others who have, they do make certain changes to the story for the show, so that could be the work around to keep the seasons from becoming boring.

How about Michael Madsen as Negan. He was incredible in Reservoir Dogs playing Vic Vega. I guess his age could be a factor but I'm sure the makeup guy could make him look younger.

I could see it. He plays a good tough guy who can reign it in if need be. Good pick (though I haven't seen him lately...age ?).

I refuse to read any more GoT books until he convinces me he will finish the books before he dies. I've stopped with book 3. I stopped reading Jordan at Book 10 and never went back after he died.

Edited by krighton