• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Just my opinion. :baiting:

The TV show version was charismatic and likeable. It made it believable that he was able to convince the residents of Woodbury that he was a good leader despite really being wicked and demented. The book version was too transparent in his evilness. He wore a face of evil while the TV version masked his very well.

Nobody has really explained why Beth just stabbed Dawn when her freedom was granted. Earlier in the episode she saves Dawn in the fight....very weird. I know from earlier episode Beth was about to kill the doctor at Grady hospital so idk think she was going crazy?

Edited by natevegas

Also, I don't think it was Jesus that Kirkman was referring to. It wasn't revelaed that Jesus was gay until much later on. If Kirkman wants to keep the similar pacing, he wouldn't announce that a gay character was showing up and the first character we meet is Jesus. Aaron makes the most sense, IMO, but I'm sure we'll meet Jesus before the season is over.

I dunno, if you don't read the comics, you don't know that Jesus is gay, and that would be a pretty good mind-bender for the viewers.

-slym

Edited by slym2none

Nobody has really explained why Beth just stabbed Dawn when her freedom was granted. Earlier in the episode she saves Dawn in the fight....very weird. I know from earlier episode Beth was about to kill the doctor at Grady hospital so idk think she was going crazy?

Beth felt she was being used the entire time and the Noah move was the last straw. Not only did Dawn use her, but the doctor did as well. She had also been acting very headstrong and stubborn, which Dawn alluded to earlier in the episode. Beth brought the scissors for protection, but used them in a fit of rage when she snapped.

When people snap, their actions in the heat of the moment do not comport with the guidelines of logical and rational behavior.

The similar thread in the Water Cooler had a great explanation for this - when Dawn insisted Noah be returned, Beth "got it" (like she said to Dawn before stabbing her.) Dawn had to have the upper-hand, be in control, and Beth wasn't going to let her get away with it.

-slym

The TV show version was charismatic and likeable. It made it believable that he was able to convince the residents of Woodbury that he was a good leader despite really being wicked and demented. The book version was too transparent in his evilness. He wore a face of evil while the TV version masked his very well.

Exactly.

Book Gov was a cartoon. Totally unbelievable that anyone would follow that guy. TV Gov was so much better and more "realistic".

I just finished the Negan storyline. Very disappointed with that whole arc. Another over the top, cartoon baddie. The resolution was pretty lame. 15+/- issues for that?

The only thing that was interesting was the big surprise in issue 100.

Spoon you, you spooning spoon spoon spoon spoon.

Negan is superb!

That's one of the many reasons I think he's lame.

Exactly.

Book Gov was a cartoon. Totally unbelievable that anyone would follow that guy. TV Gov was so much better and more "realistic".

:gossip: But I loved book Negan. :/

Exactly.

:gossip: But I loved book Negan. :/

I didn't like either of them. I liked Negan better than the Guv at first. But the arc just dragged on and on. I got tired of him.

Someone said the next arc is better. I hope so. The last Vol of the trades was the weakest thusfar for me. I usually really like the storylines.

great time to stop reading

Why? Is the next arc as bad as the Negan arc? Someone else said it gets better.

Do they introduce another stupid antagonist? More lazy writing by Kirkman where every other word out the guys mouth is some variation of the f-bomb or a comment about his nads?

great time to stop reading

Why? Is the next arc as bad as the Negan arc? Someone else said it gets better.

Do they introduce another stupid antagonist? More lazy writing by Kirkman where every other word out the guys mouth is some variation of the f-bomb or a comment about his nads?

I really like the new story arc.