• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

i dont see Aaron as a major character.

typical RK Troll lol

Kirkman didn't say it was a "Major Character" or "Lead Character" just that a gay character from the comics would be introduced. He was debunking the "Daryl is gay" comment but sharing that a gay character from the comics would be introduced in a key role and that he was excited for that dynamic and relationship to be added to the show.

But... We can all revisit this post in Feb when I'm right

^^

While I assume it must be Aaron since the story has pretty much been following the book's continuity, I have to correct you; Kirkman said a prominent gay character from the comics is debuting in the next half of the season. Prominent being the key word, defined as leading, important or well known.

Aaron hardly qualifies as a prominent character, but like TBP already mentioned, it could be just a typical Kirkman troll.

Aaron in the comics was the first gay Walking Dead character (aside from those prison guys and that's not really countable is it?) if I remember right, which from a writer's standpoint would make him a "prominent" character.

I'll tell you who I want to see...

DAVIDSON!!!

Oh and I really really hope The Walking Dead spin off show isn't going to be the characters that stayed behind at the hospital.

That was my thought - with Morgan to take charge.....

Aaron in the comics was the first gay Walking Dead character (aside from those prison guys and that's not really countable is it?) if I remember right, which from a writer's standpoint would make him a "prominent" character.

I'll tell you who I want to see...

DAVIDSON!!!

I thought it was clearly Paul Monroe. I don't think Aaron is really prominent.

Edited by Rip

i GUESS one could say that Aaron was "important" because he let Rick & Co into Alexandria

Seemed clear Kirkman's was saying while Daryl isn't gay there will be another major charactor who is. That isn't Aaron. I forgot Aaron was even gay and I forgot his name he's so minor. I'd bet the farm it's Jesus.

Edited by Rip

Think we get Negan in the next half season finale?

One magazine said Negan is coming at the end of this season, but I'll bet its mid season of season 6.

+1 I think Jesus will show up in the last scene of the season 5 finale. Probably in a similar fashion as he did in the comics.

Also, I don't think it was Jesus that Kirkman was referring to. It wasn't revelaed that Jesus was gay until much later on. If Kirkman wants to keep the similar pacing, he wouldn't announce that a gay character was showing up and the first character we meet is Jesus. Aaron makes the most sense, IMO, but I'm sure we'll meet Jesus before the season is over.

i GUESS one could say that Aaron was "important" because he let Rick & Co into Alexandria

YESS!!! MY Original point! Thank you!!! :banana:

+1

It will be Aaron.

For those of you saying he's not an important character, remember the TV show isn't exactly like the comic. So he could be more important in the show.