• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Just caught up earlier this evening. That was a cool episode. Tied up the loose ends of the filler episodes and I liked how they appropriated what happened to Martinez in the prison arc. It did enough to bring back some flavour and familiarity of the comics into a storyline that has gone off on it's own tangent for a while. Goes to show how all the rules change.

Neither of us wanted to see Maggie appear at the end of that one but we knew it had to be coming. That was pretty rough.

Just caught up earlier this evening. That was a cool episode. Tied up the loose ends of the filler episodes and I liked how they appropriated what happened to Martinez in the prison arc. It did enough to bring back some flavour and familiarity of the comics into a storyline that has gone off on it's own tangent for a while. Goes to show how all the rules change.

Neither of us wanted to see Maggie appear at the end of that one but we knew it had to be coming. That was pretty rough.

needed more gore.

great time to stop reading

Why? Is the next arc as bad as the Negan arc? Someone else said it gets better.

Do they introduce another stupid antagonist? More lazy writing by Kirkman where every other word out the guys mouth is some variation of the f-bomb or a comment about his nads?

I don't think the book has lost any magic. Has it changed? Yes! But that is part of what makes it so superb. I love it.

great time to stop reading

Why? Is the next arc as bad as the Negan arc? Someone else said it gets better.

Do they introduce another stupid antagonist? More lazy writing by Kirkman where every other word out the guys mouth is some variation of the f-bomb or a comment about his nads?

TBP is pulling your leg. Next story arc is great. Takes book in much different direction. We're now on the second arc post AOW and it's pretty good too.

Maybe it is Aaron, maybe it's Jesus, maybe it's neither of them. hm

Gimple EW interview:

So Robert Kirkman said on Talking Dead last night that you will be introducing “a very prominent gay character from the comics.” I mean, I think that has to be pretty obvious for fans of the comic whom he is talking about when he says that, right?

Well, but, you know as a reader of the comic that there isn’t just one gay character in the comic.

True, but there is a big one right around this time, however, that would match up nicely.

Well, what is “this time,” really? I will say, we do loop back into some really specific comic stories in the back half, but we are playing with time and remixing things, so it might be the character you are thinking of, or it may be a different character.

Well played.

Oh, thank you!

Maybe it is Aaron, maybe it's Jesus, maybe it's neither of them. hm

Gimple EW interview:

So Robert Kirkman said on Talking Dead last night that you will be introducing “a very prominent gay character from the comics.” I mean, I think that has to be pretty obvious for fans of the comic whom he is talking about when he says that, right?

Well, but, you know as a reader of the comic that there isn’t just one gay character in the comic.

True, but there is a big one right around this time, however, that would match up nicely.

Well, what is “this time,” really? I will say, we do loop back into some really specific comic stories in the back half, but we are playing with time and remixing things, so it might be the character you are thinking of, or it may be a different character.

Well played.

Oh, thank you!

Im calling BS misdirection on this one... Aaron is still my firm and educated guess on the next big comic character to appear in the show.