• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

I really enjoyed the episode. The hallucinations were outstanding and very creepy. I just felt his death was somewhat pointless. Anyone know if CC has some other commitments to TV or Movie that conflicted with his Walking Dead schedule?

One question I have is when Rick was on the walkie with Carol they mentioned they drove 500 miles. How is that even possible? That’s at least three tanks of gas each way.

A pointless death on WD? Unheard of!

Frankly i was hoping the amputation would work and they could do some sort of permanent battleaxe on his arm like the head orc in the hobbit, buti suspect WD doesn't want to pay for all that CGI. better to get rid of a character everyone is fond of just to remind everyone that life on the WD is short, nasty and brutal.

Edited by the blob

I really enjoyed the episode. The hallucinations were outstanding and very creepy. I just felt his death was somewhat pointless. Anyone know if CC has some other commitments to TV or Movie that conflicted with his Walking Dead schedule?

One question I have is when Rick was on the walkie with Carol they mentioned they drove 500 miles. How is that even possible? That’s at least three tanks of gas each way.

hes got a new show starting.

Smart move by him. Don't stay on the sinking ship. I think he's a good actor, I hope whatever show he goes to will let him display a lot more depth than TWD did.

lol Sorry to ruffle feathers. Thought this was the show discussion thread and not the fanboy club. But in all seriousness, can anyone really say this show has gotten better since the first 2 seasons?? The writing is very inconsistent. It's has become, to me, a hard watch.

Significantly. Last season + this have been the best, IMO. Numbers don't lie.

Edited by SpaFon

lol Sorry to ruffle feathers. Thought this was the show discussion thread and not the fanboy club. But in all seriousness, can anyone really say this show has gotten better since the first 2 seasons?? The writing is very inconsistent. It's has become, to me, a hard watch.

Significantly. Last season + this have been the best, IMO. Numbers don't lie.

+1

it is hard to watch because that frigging world just gets worser and worser, not because the writing is bad (tyrese was one of the less believable characters though). and father gabriel/noah have got to go, they're just a drag (and no, not because they're black guys, notwithstanding donut's comments, which are pretty much what my wife and i were discussing last night)

but i am a bit confused as to why there are so many zombies walking around. i understand if you get bit you die from infection/blood loss and zombify (or if you die in general)...but wouldn't most people simply get overrun by zombies, eaten and torn to shreds and then not be zombified? when you get eaten by a pack of zombies there ain't much left to zombify. how many people get bit and then get away to zombify?

hm

On TV today, what do you think is an easy, good watch ??

it is hard to watch because that frigging world just gets worser and worser, not because the writing is bad (tyrese was one of the less believable characters though). and father gabriel/noah have got to go, they're just a drag (and no, not because they're black guys, notwithstanding donut's comments, which are pretty much what my wife and i were discussing last night)

but i am a bit confused as to why there are so many zombies walking around. i understand if you get bit you die from infection/blood loss and zombify (or if you die in general)...but wouldn't most people simply get overrun by zombies, eaten and torn to shreds and then not be zombified? when you get eaten by a pack of zombies there ain't much left to zombify. how many people get bit and then get away to zombify?

Well IIRC you don't need to be bitten to turn, just to die, but being bitten helps. Quite a few would get overrun but not if they made it outside of the cities... looking at the population density it's not inconceivable that people would encounter smaller amounts of the dead before the herds started to form.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_%28U.S._state%29

Georgia_population_map.png

Well IIRC you don't need to be bitten to turn, just to die, but being bitten helps. Quite a few would get overrun but not if they made it outside of the cities... looking at the population density it's not inconceivable that people would encounter smaller amounts of the dead before the herds started to form.

Let's break out the map of VA for last night's show.

Population Map

Virginia_population_map.png

Map with Cities. Last night they were in Richmond. Note Alexandria/DC Suburbs :eek:

VaMap.jpg

hm

You guys are being too hard on him. If he prefers Keeping up with the Kardashians, American Idol and Dance Moms, whom are we to judge? :insane:

Let's break out the map of VA for last night's show.

Population Map

Virginia_population_map.png

Map with Cities. Last night they were in Richmond. Note Alexandria/DC Suburbs :eek:

VaMap.jpg

i understand there are lots of people to be potential zombies, but most of the zombies seem to be formerly able bodied folks and don't look like they just died on their own...of course, people killing people who later become zombies could be the explanation. then again, i guess in that world with no doctors and what not a lot of people are just going to die on their own (throw in some rat/pig flu for good measure as well) and become zombies regardless of whether they get murdered by others or bit by zombies. people could be dead from measles, for example...

Edited by the blob

I still don't understand how the U.S. Army and local police forces would have been overrun by them as you would think pretty early on they would learn that a head shot is necessary, they have body armor, etc. A tank with a machine gun can eliminate a herd of zombie in a minute as should a few blackhawks. A few cowboys managed to shoot a few million buffalo dead in a few years. What is the point of everyone in America owning 6 guns if we can't eliminate the zombie threat?

ok, i know, i know, it is TV, i need to suspend my disbelief (not at the thought of zombies, which is totally believable, but that we would be so inept at killing them as they do not even know how to strap bombs to their chests or hide in caves)

hm

Sirens!

I still don't understand how the U.S. Army and local police forces would have been overrun by them as you would think pretty early on they would learn that a head shot is necessary, they have body armor, etc. A tank with a machine gun can eliminate a herd of zombie in a minute as should a few blackhawks. A few cowboys managed to shoot a few million buffalo dead in a few years. What is the point of everyone in America owning 6 guns if we can't eliminate the zombie threat?

ok, i know, i know, it is TV, i need to suspend my disbelief (not at the thought of zombies, which is totally believable, but that we would be so inept at killing them as they do not even know how to strap bombs to their chests or hide in caves)

this is a good question. But I suspect that early on the urge to save people who are hurt + zombies who come back in all death cases lead to a lot of the surprise and demise for various law enforcement military places around the country. Additionally, any time you have a fortified area, people (both good and bad) want to force their way in. And in America where everyone has guns...its doable in many cases. Also there must have been so much person-on-person violence. What would you do to save your kids? or yourself?

I WOULD think there would be more fortified outposts and communities somewhere, but we're seeing only a small part of America here. Not to mention the disease appears to be airborne or at the very least in the drinking water for the whole region.