• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

I don't know how this played out in the comic, but the idea that rick would knowingly go into a situation against a well armed enemy where he is pretty likely to lose some people, including inner circle folks, to get some food, seems weird to me. is "winter coming" or something? why not scavenge more? i know he is also thinking about wiping out negan before he gets to alexandria, but the whole premise here that he thinks he can take out 50+ negan guys without losing 5, 10, 15 of his own is silly and he only has about 10 people who can actually fight in a situation like this (and even fewer who are really good in terms of fighting people who are shooting at you).

plus, if the hilltop folks decide not to pay up or say, sorry, we''ll only give you 1/5th, is he going to wipe them out to enforce the deal?

Rick does not know how strong Negan's group is. If I remember correctly he asked about Negan's group and was told nobody knows for sure but they did see about 20 of them at one time. Obviously Rick thinks his group is much stronger and if they strike first they can take out Negan’s group with little or zero causalities. If Rich knew that Negan's group consisted of 50 + well-armed men he would obviously avoid attacking them until his group was more prepared.

I find all this zombie nonsense less than believable.

actually, a zombie plague i don't find so unbelievable. bath salts plus some sort of plague run amok or something. biological warfare where some ingredient is switched and poof..

I don't know how this played out in the comic, but the idea that rick would knowingly go into a situation against a well armed enemy where he is pretty likely to lose some people, including inner circle folks, to get some food, seems weird to me. is "winter coming" or something? why not scavenge more? i know he is also thinking about wiping out negan before he gets to alexandria, but the whole premise here that he thinks he can take out 50+ negan guys without losing 5, 10, 15 of his own is silly and he only has about 10 people who can actually fight in a situation like this (and even fewer who are really good in terms of fighting people who are shooting at you).

plus, if the hilltop folks decide not to pay up or say, sorry, we''ll only give you 1/5th, is he going to wipe them out to enforce the deal?

Rick does not know how strong Negan's group is. If I remember correctly he asked about Negan's group and was told nobody knows for sure but they did see about 20 of them at one time. Obviously Rick thinks his group is much stronger and if they strike first they can take out Negan’s group with little or zero causalities. If Rich knew that Negan's group consisted of 50 + well-armed men he would obviously avoid attacking them until his group was more prepared.

If they saw 20 at once. And the 6 or 7 daryl blew up were pretty confident in the road, and so on, why would he assume all of them show up at once? All of Rick's people don't show up all at once. Seems silly.

Edited by the blob

Has there been a show about an EMP attack.....they say 90% of the population would be dead in the first year

Its not a monster but more of an invisible spectrum force so it'd be hard to make a comic book about that IMO.

Has there been a show about an EMP attack.....they say 90% of the population would be dead in the first year

I don't know if it was an EMP attack that caused it, but I think the tv show "Revolution" was based sometime after a worldwide blackout of sorts that caused all electricity to stop working... something like that.

I made it through 2 episodes, but I think it lasted a couple of seasons.

am I missing anything by fast forwarding through the Governor and Andrea scenes in Season 3...I honestly can't stand their lack of chemistry. She's been a pretty big insufficiently_thoughtful_person the entire season.

If you like reading...

Go read one second after about EMP attacks...

I always hope there is a show.

http://www.amazon.com/One-Second-After-William-Forstchen/dp/0765356864/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1456960534&sr=8-1&keywords=one+second+later

I've read the Civil war novels by Forstchen...the ones where Civil War soldiers traveled into a different universe that was inhabited by cannibals.

Have to agree.

I can understand that food is scarce and they're running low but Rick made the decision pretty quickly and without consulting anyone else. This is a major decision to go to war and risk lives, not to made lightly and without discussion.

Have to agree.

I can understand that food is scarce and they're running low but Rick made the decision pretty quickly and without consulting anyone else. This is a major decision to go to war and risk lives, not to made lightly and without discussion.

Rick doesn't have time for that remember past seasons he never knows where Coral is half the time.

Coral+first+post_22fba6_5216412.gif