• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Nicotero just did an interview where he compared this ending to the end of Empire Strikes Back. lol

Shadow is BS. Will not be Rick or Carl ... for sure

Negan states right before he starts swinging "anyone moves, cut the boys other eye out and feed it to his father" No point in saying this if he's bludgeoning either.

Following Negan's eenie meenie miney moe, he didn't go in the order of where each character was kneeling when he picked whoever got Lucille'd.

I'm sure David Chase slept well last night after being cursed for 9 years

My pick is Abraham,

and remember you guys argued with me on dumpster day :)

That was my pick. Makes the most sense because he is dangerous, fearless with nothing to lose and Negan doesn't want guys like that around. They can't be controlled.

My pick is Abraham,

and remember you guys argued with me on dumpster day :)

That was my pick. Makes the most sense because he is dangerous, fearless with nothing to lose and Negan doesn't want guys like that around. They can't be controlled.

He did give Negan the old "Mad Dog Stare Down" during Negan's monologue.... hm

I watched the show with 10 people and all 10 loved the episode. Pretty much every person wished they would have shown who died but they all thought it was a great episode. What I find odd about the Walking Dead TV show is it seems the only people that don’t like the show are comic collectors. I work with hundreds of people and I talked with at least 20 people today that watched last night’s episode and they all loved it. Of course they were hoping to see who actually got killed but they think this season was great and are looking forward to the next season.

Personally I thought the episode was very well done. I liked pretty much everything about it until the last seconds of the show when they failed to show who got killed. But come on guys I thought most of you already knew how this episode was going to end. I read somewhere last week, I thought it was on this site but I could be wrong, that the rumor was they would not show who was going to be killed. The ending was pretty much exactly what I read last week.

Season 6 was a huge success (ratings) and pretty much every person I talk with loves the show. The only negatives I ever hear about the show is from comic readers. I knew this board was going to be upset with the ending and the guys at my LCS are also pissed. What I really think is amusing are people that have seen every episode who are now claiming they will never watch another episode. Yea sure you won’t. I keep hearing the same thing from comic book people in regards to Game of Thrones. They too are claiming they will boycott the upcoming season because of the way the show ended with John Snow.

(thumbs u .......... Thought it was a great season. I read the comic but my wife does not. She would of liked to of seen who died but she didn't threaten to boycott it lol ..... We had fun trying to guess who died and she was trying to figure out how long we had to wait to find out. The comics give me some down time for myself,collecting and reading the issues. The show has given me and my wife time to relax and enjoy the entertainment after a long day with the kids.

Sure, the comic and show do not go my way all the time ...but what does? I can pick apart TV shows all day long but when I do I find they lose their entertainment value.

I'm thinking they are definitely going to fade to black and not show who dies. Which is unfortunate, because it's an unnecessary gimmick that does not further the story. A much better ending to the season would be seeing the death followed by showing the aftermath of a beaten down Rick and the group reeling. The suspense for next season would be "how are they going to come back from this" rather than a cheap, "who died."

I AGREE and will be very upset if thats how things turn out this Sunday. One thing you didn't mention is that I feel the idea to wait until next season to find out who dies via Negan's bat is a shameful ploy to get higher ratings for next seasons premiere. They can make much higher profit sell ad space for a 90 minute (Im guessing) premiere if millions will be turing in to see the guaranteed death of a main character. Just look at what they did with Glenn under the dumpsters this season.... UGH!

I respectfully disagree with you both.. here's why:

When Negan first showed up in the comic, he kills Glenn and we hated him for it. We immediately wanted revenge. It's all we cared about. We wanted Negan dead.

Rick tries, time and time again, to exact that revenge but Negan out-does him every time. Eventually we realize that we're dealing with a far more adept 'bad-guy' than we've ever have before. We start to learn more about Negan and we realize that he has his reasons for doing what he does. For many of us, he is now our favorite character.

He went from being the character I hated the most, to being my favorite. That's a pretty impressive turn for a 'villain' to make.

If Negan kills one of our favorite characters this Sunday, it will be painful. However, we will have 6 months for our rage too cool and our pain to heal. Whereas, if he kills on Sunday, but we don't know who.. We'll spend 6 months living in tension. And then when the season premier hits, we'll see that death. We'll lose that character, we'll crave that revenge, and we'll have 8 weeks of episodes to watch Rick try to obtain it and fail miserably.

I feel it's important, for Negan's character development, that we don't lose any of our 'anger momentum' after he kills whoever it is that he will kill.

You my friend, nailed it! Kudos for a well thought out & well put thought!

I watched the show with 10 people and all 10 loved the episode. Pretty much every person wished they would have shown who died but they all thought it was a great episode. What I find odd about the Walking Dead TV show is it seems the only people that don’t like the show are comic collectors. I work with hundreds of people and I talked with at least 20 people today that watched last night’s episode and they all loved it. Of course they were hoping to see who actually got killed but they think this season was great and are looking forward to the next season.

Personally I thought the episode was very well done. I liked pretty much everything about it until the last seconds of the show when they failed to show who got killed. But come on guys I thought most of you already knew how this episode was going to end. I read somewhere last week, I thought it was on this site but I could be wrong, that the rumor was they would not show who was going to be killed. The ending was pretty much exactly what I read last week.

Season 6 was a huge success (ratings) and pretty much every person I talk with loves the show. The only negatives I ever hear about the show is from comic readers. I knew this board was going to be upset with the ending and the guys at my LCS are also pissed. What I really think is amusing are people that have seen every episode who are now claiming they will never watch another episode. Yea sure you won’t. I keep hearing the same thing from comic book people in regards to Game of Thrones. They too are claiming they will boycott the upcoming season because of the way the show ended with John Snow.

Pretty much agree with all of this. We can be the harshest critics... of course I can't speak for everyone, maybe it's just me :) Probably not though.

Personally I have really struggled a lot with this kind of thing in the past, to give you examples I couldn't bring myself to watch Batman Begins until 3 years after it was released (which I now find pretty laughable, but I am also sure I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much had I watched it at release), I didn't start watching TWD until it was into Season 3 already. Since Batman Begins I have taken most comic related movies and TV shows with a healthy pinch of salt which has helped, although I still have never been able to sit through the entirity of the "Watchmen" film yet. If anything this thread is making me twitch more about the impending "Preacher" series *shudder* ... any guesses on the amount of outrage on the boards when the first few episodes have hit?

It's also no different with movie buffs, hardcore gamers or any other die hards out there regarding their particular passion... and there's no harm in being passionate about something.

General concensus in this household is that JDM was really good as Negan, really good, the non comic reading people watching it with me were saying that out loud during the last scene. Andrew Lincoln and the others were IMHO on point as well. The dialogue was censored but then I'll appreciate it more on Blu Ray, the speech was still well delivered. He does look less imposing compared to my mental image of Negan but at least he's taller than Rick and the performance gave him that menacing calculated edge that is level up from the Governor's brand of crazy. The build up was ok too, a bit cheesy at the start with that racing heartbeat drum in the background setting the tone, however a lot of the music seems to have developed into a bit of a John Carpenter homage which I hadn't really noticed so strongly until now. That made me grin :) I also was wondering what they would do with the ultimate arrival of the Saviours because in #100 it was very sudden and would have been a throwaway scene on TV, well played.

I can understand why it was left with a big question mark hanging over the death. Starter for 10 how much press is this getting right now? It's ridiculous, re-pegging-diculous. Then there's the pacing of the show, which seems to be the biggest problem out there with the casuals, "OMG this is boooring", "Nobody died", "There wasn't any zombies!", "Nothing happened", "It's the same plot as last time, they find a safe haven then someone bad comes along.". A few of my colleagues have lost interest in it in earlier seasons during the slower episodes, some people don't seem to be content sitting back and watching a slow burn plot unfold which is a shame... so maybe they want to pull a few people straight back into it come S7. I don't care too much about the cliff hanger device, I'll certainly forgive it if they find enough fuel in it to then slow down and pursue some character development. If as suggested by Techoodoo they will do some kind of dickdance around this then I'll be pegging pegged off! Urgh... that would be the worst outcome.

Fingers crossed it's Glenn that gets it. Abraham could well be a possibility too but his new relationship just doesn't feel ripe enough to spawn the same dynamic that we saw with Maggie and Rick in the comic... in fact it feels like Maggie wouldn't have the strength to pull that off anyway so that's a bit frustratng.

I guess I am not reacting much as I haven't really ever set my expectations about this show too high in the first place, and probably lowered them further after Darabont left. Game of Thrones on the other hand has my highest hopes because its production/budget doesn't seem to have faltered throughout and it has more freedom. It too strays from the source at times, but is still a far far superior show compared to TWD, and maybe it and a handful of others set the bar for everyting else? There's other superb shows out there to choose from and TWD doesn't sit at the very top of the pile but it's plenty good enough and just the right side of different from the comics as it stands. Over the past few years there has actually been too much I want to see released for me to even watch.

Regarding modern comics TWD seems to be the have been the measuring stick for a long time in lots of discussions, that doesn't mean the same goes for the TV show.

Is this a real image though or someone playing with Photoshop?

Carl%20Shadow%20On%20Negan_zpsungsudsv.jpg

I found this one online that seems "more legit" and not including an obvious shadow.

2exbtb4.jpg

hm

It looks to me that the angle/shadowing of a cell phone picture of a TV screen makes the "shadow." The picture you posted is a much clearer image, and when comparing the two, it's clear to see how a shadow could be made out just from the picture's angle. Reminds me of when you look at a laptop at a different angle and the colors/shadows change.

So here's the image that's been floating around, and then a screen shot of "almost" the same moment I took myself from the show. You can see that both images show the cowboy hat looking silhouette, my guess is the top one had the levels/contrast tweaked to make it show up more.

twd.jpg

So here's the image that's been floating around, and then a screen shot of "almost" the same moment I took myself from the show. You can see that both images show the cowboy hat looking silhouette, my guess is the top one had the levels/contrast tweaked to make it show up more.

twd.jpg

That said I'm not sold on the idea that it's anything more then normal shadows and we're experiencing the "I see Jesus in my toast" sort of phenomenon.

It looks like someone colored in black with Photoshop on Negan's face on the top photo. I don't think it's an adjustment of contrast.

My screenshot isn't the exact same moment, I couldn't pause it that precisely, you can tell that they are different by the arm position. So there's that reason that they aren't identical.

Also you may be right, in that during post production, someone did basically color in that shadow to achieve the effect of seeing a silhouette over Negan.

Or it could be nothing at all.

Solid episode with great suspense. I enjoyed it.

Just a thought - maybe Andrew Lincoln does know the outcome?

Suppose they kill Maggie (and Glenns unborn child) - the snuffing out of the future which was the whole point of their fighting so hard for Alexandria? (making AL sick to his stomach) - how much rage would be generated then!

Now THAT would be a hell of a start to season 7...... and give the show the 'omg' factor which some seem to think its lacking.

2c

Terrible cliff hanger. Ruined what could have been and should have been an amazing arrival for an awesome villain. I'm going to read my comics. Time and again...they are proving to be so much better than the show. I doubt kirkman. Was even on board for thus cliffhanger.

If it were Maggie that would be great. I always thought they should have let Rick die and let Shane live and this would have been the alternate version of the Walking Dead. With Shane being the leader etc

Maggie dying would create the same effect