• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

I loved it myself, Jeffrey Dean Morgan was spot on, maybe not as vulgar as we are use to. However he nailed it in my honest opinion. Great casting and I look forward to next season.

I loved it myself, Jeffrey Dean Morgan was spot on, maybe not as vulgar as we are use to. However he nailed it in my honest opinion. Great casting and I look forward to next season.

He's great, I agree.

And who knew that biker leather was so slimming?

JDM was incredible. I was slightly irked by not the actual ending and episode, but how it was filmed. Between that and the dream sequences that looked edited on an iPhone this season, the aesthetic of this season felt cheap at times.

But man, JDM was phenomenal considering the hype he had to meet.

I'm probably one of the few who watch The Good Wife around here, perhaps not? But I LOVE JDM on that show and really enjoy his work.

C'mon Chris, are you really all that surprised though from the ending?? I knew they wouldn't tell who would die, and personally I think they'll stick close to the comic on this one.

My PROBLEM is and always has been that WD is overrated. Sorry (ducks from tomatoes being thrown at). They're using the same storylines over n' over. Governor.....Negan.... etc etc. It's a cycle of writing. My hats off to Kirkman of course, especially coming from someone who is trying to get their own comic off the ground. But it really is the same story line....over n' over.

I would like to add: The quality of the show is tremendous though. Nicotero is a fantastic director as is Jennifer Lynch and whoever directed the Lenny James/Lynch meditate episode which is my fav episode from all 6 seasons.

Edited by cujobyte

Glad I sold all my walking dead books during the build up to this season's finale.

It appears to me that this show just had its jump-the-shark moment.

You're a little late. Hiding-under-the-dumpster is the new jumping-the-shark.

He's great, I agree.

And who knew that biker leather was so slimming?

I'm getting a biker jacket this week

Pissed beyond words like many are. Season was an entire build up and cliffhanger just to get to this moment and they decide to drag it off into an entirely new season. If the whole stupid Glenn dumpster fiasco wasn't so bad, maybe this wouldn't feel like a total insult to the fans but who knows. They could have still revealed who got Lucille and left the season as a cliffhanger.

I'm also not sharing the love of JDM's 6 minute portrayal like others are. To me he sounded like he was just handed the -script the day before and read off a teleprompter. Did his tone change at all? Did he have any emotion? I know it's TV and not the comics but one of the best parts during this scene was going down the line and Negan expressing why he wouldn't kill them...he doesn't wanna be called a racist, martyr, etc etc. Yes his speech was getting long winded, but that I feel is on the actor.

Not to mention they spend seasons building up Carol as a badd azz just to whimper out with a crisis of conscience now? Wouldn't a better time for this have been after the jail scene when Rick kicked her out of the group?

Finale was a fail. Whole entire season was a fail. I could have missed the entire season except maybe the last 5 minutes and been fine.

Skybound should do a special edition of walking dead 100 with a poll on the last page and buyers of the $20 comic get to vote for who dies and the winner gets lucille...this thread would go nuclear

Edited by krighton

I think it was Eugene (I kept rewinding & listened to the voice they played in slo-mo after the hit)..Eugene gave rick the amo formula & there was a "goodbye" piece between him & Abraham when they hugged...My bet is Eugene ate Lucille. (just opinion)

It SHOULD be Glenn. Not only to be faithful to the comic, but to return to the feeling that no one is safe. Right now, especially after the dumpster shenanigans, it feels that many of the characters are untoucheable and that really begins to take away from the anxious feeling viewers get from be worried that it could be their favorite character's demise every week.

Eugene dying is far less significant than Glenn dying. They already copped out by having Denise replace Abe as far is victim of Dwight. These characters shouldn't be untoucheable.

It SHOULD be Glenn. Not only to be faithful to the comic, but to return to the feeling that no one is safe. Right now, especially after the dumpster shenanigans, it feels that many of the characters are untoucheable and that really begins to take away from the anxious feeling viewers get from be worried that it could be their favorite character's demise every week.

Eugene dying is far less significant than Glenn dying. They already copped out by having Denise replace Abe as far is victim of Dwight. These characters shouldn't be untoucheable.

I still feel like it will be Glenn. He got away with a lot of cheap situations earlier in the season (the dumpster, the hoard closing in until Abraham shoots them all at the last second, etc.). Plus, when the group first goes to the Hilltop, Maggie is the one who says that the trade "will cost us something." Since SHE is the one who had that line and not another character, I feel like it's all pointing toward Glenn dying.