• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Honest Dealers

401 posts in this topic

I want to throw out my hat to Bob Storms who's done nothing but right by me for several years. The man goes above and beyond what most sellers do and I would like a chance to one day meet him in person!

You reading this Bob? Any chance you'll be in the KC comic-con this coming year? Dinner is on me. :luhv:

Thank you for the kudo's.

I will probably not be doing the Kansas City show again.

I like the area, there was a blizzard while I was there which made for an interesting weekend but my sales to expenses doesn't work out based on how far I have to travel.

I heard that Jay Maybrook of Sparkle City Comics is honest and forthright

:flamed:

Wasn't Joe V. at one time a partner in Sparkle City? He was quote as such in this article.

Yep, it was Joe and Jay. Bought a Batman #3 from them a million years ago when the SD con was in the old convention center.

Joe was a partner and a young Stephen Fishler was an apprentice before starting Metropolis.

Joe gets my vote as the kindest, most honest person in this entire hobby to deal with.

Right - Joe V.'s character and reputation are impeccable, he's one of the very best guys in the hobby, and I don't associate him with Sparkle City or that other crooked entity anymore.

I haven't seen anyone mention Andy Colman of www.goldustcomics.com ......a board member and a great source of scarce GA and SA. His Fine Plus is a NICE book. Books arrive from the U.K. in a little over a week. The only thing you have to pay attention to is whether a book is Pence or Cents....which he lists. He'll even do the currency conversion for the mathematically challenged. He also pays fairly for books he needs. I can't recommend him highly enough. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Andy is the mustard (thumbs u

Most apt considering my surname. (:

I haven't seen anyone mention Andy Colman of www.goldustcomics.com ......a board member and a great source of scarce GA and SA. His Fine Plus is a NICE book. Books arrive from the U.K. in a little over a week. The only thing you have to pay attention to is whether a book is Pence or Cents....which he lists. He'll even do the currency conversion for the mathematically challenged. He also pays fairly for books he needs. I can't recommend him highly enough. GOD BLESS...

Redpants?

I don't see the connection. Must be a British thing. (shrug)

Redpants?

This board and its red pants fetish.... :ohnoez:

Redpants?

The internet is forever..... :insane:

Redpants?

...smells like blood in here...

:shy:

Redpants?

The internet is forever..... :insane:

Knew I should've read the fine print.... doh!

Foolkiller i must say that it is very hypocritical of you to now start saying "I just feel like staying in the shadows with people isn't right either", especially when back in January you refused to post the names of people who you knew first hand were selling books as unrestored when they were indeed restored, and were doing just that !

Hypocrisy is when you say one thing but do another. That's not what is happening here.

Brian is no longer "staying in the shadows". Did you not read this thread?

Yes i did read this thread and you obviously didnt read my sentence above. where Follkiller says "I just feel like staying in the shadows with people isn't right either", when this is exactly what he has done for the last 7 months when i asked him to name names the last time around.

Foolkiller i must say that it is very hypocritical of you to now start saying "I just feel like staying in the shadows with people isn't right either", especially when back in January you refused to post the names of people who you knew first hand were selling books as unrestored when they were indeed restored, and were doing just that !

I assume you mean Ted VanLiew (Superworld)? I love Ted as a person. I disagree with his restoration disclosure issues as I've many cases where he says he's either missed it or books have reappeared on his wall that I know he knows are restored

You may want to read the entire thread next time

I did, and you may want to read my quote from above.

Well, based on your profile I don't know who you are either so frankly you are lurking in the shadows. Step up Galactus, who are you?

In bizarro world I believe lurking in the shadows is naming the names. Maybe you missed Brian's memo in Bizarro world where he posted them?

I was just pointing out Foolkillers hypocrasy, given that he is the one who is nameing names, but to be quite frank the reason i keep my details known to only a few members on this board, is that i buy Original Art and the secrecy comes in handy.

If you still need some level of reasuring, i have communicated with rsonenthal, Heartened and a few other original art board members as well as Flaming Telepath (7 months ago after this was brought up the last time) and he/they will give you some extra info.

Hypocrisy is when you say one thing but do another. That's not what is happening here.

Brian is no longer "staying in the shadows". Did you not read this thread?

Yes i did read this thread and you obviously didnt read my sentence above. where Follkiller says "I just feel like staying in the shadows with people isn't right either", when this is exactly what he has done for the last 7 months when i asked him to name names the last time around.

Here's a simple response: I was wrong not to be forthright then, I am correcting that mistake now by being honest and fair now.

I don't think that's hypocrisy, but it was cowardly of me to do so in the guise of attempting to be political. I'm going to be fair. People can never trust your opinions unless you are as fair publicly as you are privately. This doesn't require mean spiritedness and it doesn't mean speculating or guessing about people's misconduct. It means presenting knowledge that you have and standing up for what you believe in. Integrity is important, and I'm sorry if you felt as I wasn't as forthcoming as I should have been in the past.

Thank you for posting this Foolkiller, i wish others who obviously hold information that would be beneficial to the rest of us, would come forward as you have. After all its a hobby that we all love and share and it would be made all the better if we all knew certain repeat offenders.