• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What book would you buy for 5k to 7k?

108 posts in this topic

Well, I've begun selling off some lesser books and hope to generate about $5,000 to 7,000 to put towards a cornerstone book for my collection.

I'm interested to hear what book you would buy....

If it was me...

I'd probably buy a complete, well-presenting, Detective Comics #33 or Detective Comics #38.

Both of which are both under-valued and under-appreciated at the moment (IMO); but are of monumental importance nevertheless.

It would be tough to choose between a well-presenting low-grade universal of either two, or a high-grade PLOD.

However, if a Batman #1 PLOD were available within that price range, I could almost guarantee that would be my first choice.

It definitely depends what you like and how patient you are willing to be. $5k-$7k would probably buy you a nice Action 12 or a restored Action 13. You could probably get a low grade or restored Flash 1, Tec 35, or possibly a Tec 31. (Which might be my choice)

If you are in to silver age you could probably get a nice X-men 1 in 7.5 at that price.

High Grade early Marvel Mystery's, All-Winners', All-Selects' or a Weird Mysteries #5 in a 8.0 to 9.0.

Weird Mysteries in 8.0 or 9.0? I have never seen one. Anyone?

WeirdMys_5v2.jpg