• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dishonest Seller

486 posts in this topic

Maybe Alleybat needs some SERIOUS medication...like

Haldol (Haloperidol)

Haloperidol is used to treat psychotic disorders (conditions that cause

difficulty telling the difference between things or ideas that are real and

things or ideas that are not real). Haloperidol is also used to control motor

tics (uncontrollable need to repeat certain body movements) and verbal tics ...

Side effects - How to take - Precautions - Dietary Instructions - Missed a dose

www.nlm.nih.gov

That way he can do the Haldol shuffle... :roflmao:

For those that don't know, any book with color touch or restoration will only receive a purple label if the color touch or restoration actually improves the grade of the book.

If the color touch or restoration does not improve the grade of the book, the book goes into a blue label with a notation on the label of the color touch and glue.

Are you talking only GA there, Roy? (shrug)

Sorry, yes. GA only.

:foryou:

Are you sure? I've seen lots of low grade GA books with color touch that didn't seem to improve anything. And I think we've all seen PLODs in "apparent poor" .5 condition.

How is the seller dishonest? The label says very clearly which defects the book has.

CGC will grant GA books a certain amount of latitude. You should know these things before you call one of the most respected people here a crook. Congratulations on ostracizing yourself.

He knows. He's just mad because he's about to be outed as a shill again. For anyone curious here's the PM exchange in question.

Alleybat (Royig)

Hi,

What is your asking price?

Thanks,

John

Filter81

Hi John,

To be honest, I don't have an asking price. Its not a book I'm actively trying to sell.

With that said, if you'd like to make an offer I'd be happy to listen. Do you have a phone # where you can be reached?

Thanks!

Adam

royig

Is this what the WTB section is all about? I don't think this section was created to fish books.

Filter81

Excuse me? I'm pretty sure that is exactly what it was created for. You were looking for a book, and I have it. And I let you know I'd be willing to listen to an offer for it.

Maybe you're thinking of the FS section and getting the rules confused?

In any event, not sure how serious you are about buying a copy or not, but personally I don't care if I sell the book or not. Maybe best we end the conversation here. Good luck with your search!

Adam

royig

It's RESTORED!

royig has removed themself from this topic.

This one of the inevitable pitfalls of communicating via colors.

You get people with misaligned neuron pathways who are difficult enough to talk to when you're both using well-defined words. But, add in things like colors and shapes... might as well just start off the conversation with a hit of meth.

If only the

CANNOT BE REGENERATED

part worked my friend.

At least with pokerstars it's 1 user per PC which doesn't stop shills but does slow them to some degree.

I've known for some this hasn't been a problem either getting or using more than 1 screen name

Don't see a dishonest seller here - just a book that didn't fit your criteria.

CGC decided the book was Blue, not seller. CGC allows small amounts of glue and color touch on GA books. You or I may or may not agree. If you don't, then wait for an untouched copy. I don't always agree with all CGC grades/labeling, but I don't blame a seller for that.

Starting this thread seems way out of line. If the book did not meet your needs, a "Thanks, but no thanks" is all that was necessary. Time to move on.

I can't believe how a guy as great as Adam attracts so many low-lifes to 'buy' his books.

Nice shill outing though mate (thumbs u

Well in all fairness, almost all of these low-lives turned out to actually be just one deranged person. I used to think that 95% of the people on these boards are awesome but when shilling is factored in, the math really works out much closer to 99% :headbang:

Thanks! Now if I could just do something about my sanity I'd be all set! :insane:

We will have to get into some online poker Adam, maybe in a couple months when I can toss some coin in that direction bro.

Maybe after a few tables and few hours both our sanity will be straight. lol

ILL pm ya in a while when Im able as I know you are. ;¤)

Rich

Thanks! Now if I could just do something about my sanity I'd be all set! :insane:

We will have to get into some online poker Adam, maybe in a couple months when I can toss some coin in that direction bro.

Maybe after a few tables and few hours both our sanity will be straight. lol

ILL pm ya in a while when Im able as I know you are. ;¤)

Rich

Now THAT does sounds like fun! Just let me know when and where!!

He should have specified to give price when showing books. That is my one pet peeve of sellers that ask to give offer. I feel that they are just trying to see if the buyer is unknowing and leech them for every dollar they can get with maybe a bonus of ignorance dollars.

If you never pointed that out in the thread either tell them you don't do offers and to give you a price or give them serious offer.

If you did specify it then lowball them.

In this case the guy said he didnt want to get rid of book really and asked for price and that would have clued me in to that the book would probably be overpriced anyways and would have moved on. Also seen sellers that do this on purpose and act as if the book is special to them so they can get that extra greedy dollar. This may not be the case in this scenario but it happens.

He should have specified to give price when showing books. That is my one pet peeve of sellers that ask to give offer. I feel that they are just trying to see if the buyer is unknowing and leech them for every dollar they can get with maybe a bonus of ignorance dollars.

Why put a price on the book when it's not for sale? He did nothing wrong whatsoever.

Why put a price on the book when it's not for sale? He did nothing wrong whatsoever.

Never said it was wrong. Just saying its a pet peeve of mine when buying.

And if its not for sale why even bother.

Thats is why I said if anyone pmed me saying really not for sale but I am taking offers I would not even bother.

Some people fake that and the one that are not are expecting probably more then the usual fair price of the book trying to get a "get this book out of my hand fee dollar"

edit: If you are talking about what is now in bold I am referring to the buyer when he creates his WTB thread.

Never said it was wrong. Just saying its a pet peeve of mine when buying.

And if its not for sale why even bother.

Because some books really are not for sale, unless someone insists on paying strong money for that particular book.

When I was buying books as an avid collector I regularly paid "next years prices" to get books in hand that I really wanted so I understand.

As a seller it goes the same way: I had a book on eBay at a ridiculously high price (well one of many lol ) and a long time customer of mine wanted the book. He was no noobie, he'd been collecting high grade Timely books for some 40 or 50 odd years and knew the market well. I basically told him that I had priced the book strong because I really wasn't in a hurry to sell it. He finally ended up taking the book at my price. I was sad to see it go but a deal was a deal.

It's simple commerce. Price meets point.

(shrug)

It's simple commerce. Price meets point.

(shrug)

And yet, when other forumites take this approach, they are ridiculed for being a tool. There was a board member that ended up leaving here as a regular participant because he priced a Danger Girl 1 Platinum CGC 9.8 very high due to he wasn't in a rush to part with it. He was called out on it. Then, someone bought it, so now he was shilling his Ebay account (on a Buy Now no less - because that's what you shill. :screwy: ).

Go figure!

For those that don't know, any book with color touch or restoration will only receive a purple label if the color touch or restoration actually improves the grade of the book.

If the color touch or restoration does not improve the grade of the book, the book goes into a blue label with a notation on the label of the color touch and glue.

Are you talking only GA there, Roy? (shrug)

Sorry, yes. GA only.

:foryou:

Are you sure? I've seen lots of low grade GA books with color touch that didn't seem to improve anything. And I think we've all seen PLODs in "apparent poor" .5 condition.

becomes an issue of "quantity" of color touch or glue...if there is an obvious amount, regardless of whether it visually improves or not, then it is "restored"...if the quantity is so minor as to not affect the grade, an in theory be removable and not affect grade, this just clarifies that (from what I understand)

in other words, if someone scraped that teeny bit of glue and color touch off, it would still be a 6.5...so, cgc notes it...