• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well you new this might happen, Star Wars 3D....

99 posts in this topic

Let's just wring every dollar that we can out of these movies! (said with tongue in cheek).

How about they come up with some good new movies based on the original characters? Not a reboot but more stories involving a new cast...something original...

The old movies in 3D will just look...well...old. They don't stand up anymore on the visual effects and I think this is a waste (but it will make money).

Let's just wring every dollar that we can out of these movies! (said with tongue in cheek).

How about they come up with some good new movies based on the original characters? Not a reboot but more stories involving a new cast...something original...

The old movies in 3D will just look...well...old. They don't stand up anymore on the visual effects and I think this is a waste (but it will make money).

I agree that forcing 3-D on a movie that wasn't originally filmed in 3-D always dissapoints. But what visual effects in the Star Wars films don't hold up anymore? When done correctly, the special effects teams of yesteryears are much more impressive to me that most CGI shlock...

I agree that forcing 3-D on a movie that wasn't originally filmed in 3-D always dissapoints. But what visual effects in the Star Wars films don't hold up anymore? When done correctly, the special effects teams of yesteryears are much more impressive to me that most CGI shlock...

I agree. I prefer puppets and models to CG any day.

I'm so over Star Wars. I was a huge Star Wars geek back in the day but the prequals killed my spirit. Nothing good came out of those movies. Even Natalie Portman in that tight white outfit isn't enough to get me to watch. However... I :luhv: these reviews!

Much more entertaining than the actual movies!!!

Nothing like watching the original trilogy on the big screen. 2D, 3D, whatever D, I'll go watch, enjoy myself, and not mind giving George Lucas some green from the wallet. Now the prequels? No thanks. Lucas talked about doing the films in #d a few years ago prior to the 3D explosion.

And I too prefer the good old days of FX. :headbang: While I'm not a fan of the newer Star Wars films, I thought it was pretty cool that the waterfall in the wide shot of Naboo was falling salt.

For new Star Wars stuff, I believe there is a current live action television series in production.

I'm so over Star Wars. I was a huge Star Wars geek back in the day but the prequals killed my spirit. Nothing good came out of those movies. Even Natalie Portman in that tight white outfit isn't enough to get me to watch. However... I :luhv: these reviews!

I think the problem is that everyone expected Episode I to be Anakin turning evil and duking it out with the Jedis and the purge starting....at least that's what I recall being the big thing in 1998 when the first few teaser images came out. If I weren't more attuned with what the Sith are by playing the Knights of the Old Republic game then yes I would be more disappointed with Episode III, but it is by far the best prequel that was made...Episode III and Episode V are the two that really compete to be my favorite out of the six movies. I love Episode III and completely will take Jar Jar and whiney Anakin in order to get there.

I think the problem is that everyone expected Episode I to be Anakin turning evil and duking it out with the Jedis and the purge starting....at least that's what I recall being the big thing in 1998 when the first few teaser images came out. If I weren't more attuned with what the Sith are by playing the Knights of the Old Republic game then yes I would be more disappointed with Episode III, but it is by far the best prequel that was made...Episode III and Episode V are the two that really compete to be my favorite out of the six movies. I love Episode III and completely will take Jar Jar and whiney Anakin in order to get there.

Ep III could have been a ''little'' bit better, but Empire will always be #1 with me. (and yes ROTS was the best of the 3 Prequels)

I love how one of the articles mentioned something to the effect of "and who better to tackle this than ILM" - you know, the same company that put half-ed effects into the prequel, whose movies didn't win any special effects oscars. I had thought that even though the writing/acting/etc. of the prequels were bad, at least George would have the conviction to use state-of-the-art (or beyond) tech for the fx :(

Not looking forward to the 3D conversion.

Episode III and Episode V are the two that really compete to be my favorite out of the six movies. I love Episode III and completely will take Jar Jar and whiney Anakin in order to get there.

+1

Episode III was one of the best. If you couldn't enjoy the incredible Mustafar lightsaber fight between Obi-Wan and Anakin, you've lost something along the way.

Episode III and Episode V are the two that really compete to be my favorite out of the six movies. I love Episode III and completely will take Jar Jar and whiney Anakin in order to get there.

+1

Episode III was one of the best. If you couldn't enjoy the incredible Mustafar lightsaber fight between Obi-Wan and Anakin, you've lost something along the way.

+1 (worship)

I was a huge Star Wars geek back in the day but the prequals killed my spirit. Nothing good came out of those movies. Even Natalie Portman in that tight white outfit isn't enough to get me to watch.

Exactly! (thumbs u

Also, please stop this POST production 3D crapola for movies!

Like one critic stated, "Watching Clash of the Titans in 3D was like watching the 2-D version through 2 feet of bong water!"