• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flaming_Telepath's Feedback Thread

119 posts in this topic

There is not much more I can add that hasn't been said before. I have come so accustomed to dealing with Nick that when I see something I want to buy I always say, will he have a copy, and if the answer is yes I walk away and buy from him.

There isn't many better, if at all, than F_T! buy with confidence :applause:

I mean this in all sincerity: Nick is the best. Upstanding, honest, trustworthy, generous... A man of solid character. If you ever make it to Toronto, I owe you a night on the town, sir.

I think after a few of us Canadians offering him a night on the town he's sensing a pattern here.

:whistle:

This guy's 8.5's are really 9.2/9.4 books. I'd never buy another if I were you.

:wishluck:

Nick ripped himself off and sold me copies of

X-Men 96-99 + a few in the very early 100s.

I think he graded only one at VF and the rest VG to FN range. He also sold them to me at MAYBE GD+ to VG prices. He has to be one the top 3 strictest graders on these boards. This man does NOT need scans to sell his books---not many you can say that about!

:sumo:

I've bought about 20 books from Nick, and as has already been said, most of the books you'll look at and wonder what defects he sees that you don't. He is significantly stricter than every UK dealer I have bought books from (which is pretty much all of them) and every US dealer I have bought from (less than all of them). Other dealers' VFs are anywhere from VG/FN to VF- to Nick's appraising eye.

On the selling side, I trusted him enough to send a few thousand $ in books on consignment, and Nick worked very hard to raise as much money for me as he could (reason for sale: grad school tuition, yay). While there are others who are as easy to deal with, I can't imagine anyone else could be more honest and trustworthy.

Kudos!

Got a couple of late Bronze Bats through from Nick today. Perfectly tight grading, top notch packaging and friendly as . The only gripe I would have is he didn't send any beer with the books.

Awesome as usual. (worship) (worship)

I was lucky enough to buy from Nick for the first time ever!

Bought a few turner CGC SS and a nice ASM 53 from him.

Shipping was bomb proof, price was great, he even came to my help when I posted that I was looking for certain books.

All around class act. Consider yourselves lucky to buy from him. I did.

-Sean

I mean this in all sincerity: Nick is the best. Upstanding, honest, trustworthy, generous... A man of solid character. If you ever make it to Toronto, I owe you a night on the town, sir.

I think after a few of us Canadians offering him a night on the town he's sensing a pattern here.

:whistle:

This guy's 8.5's are really 9.2/9.4 books. I'd never buy another if I were you.

:wishluck:

I wouldn't buy from Nick with your wallet! Thank goodness for email because these British claim that they invented english but I can't understand a word they are saying half the time. :baiting: I still don't know why as a kid I would laugh while watching On the Buses, I needed sub titles to figure out what Blakely was talking about. :sumo: