• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

A very awkward situation appears to have been averted at Florida State.

If QB Winston had been charged with a felony today, he would be innocent until proven guilty of course, but FSU team rules would immediately render him ineligible.

So the #1 team in the nation would go into a conference championship as heavy favorites without their star QB (and probable Heisman frontrunner).

However, an unnamed source is claiming a settlement has been reached in the case, which is a year old.

No surprise at all.

Knowing what we know now, rick would you take Duke and the 29 points in the game?

Gator, if FSU was 8-5 and headed for the Chick-Fil-A bowl, would the the Leon County prosecutor have charged him and passed on the autographed Bobby Bowden headshot, the replica Seminole head-dress, and the Bowl tickets?

kids the lesson here is practice, practice, practice so that you can be in a position to have everyone in the county looking out for you to make sure you can win the big game for the local team.

[disclaimer: all in jest, from a fellow gator fan, I think in jest, yeah probably, maybe}

Money talks. Big boosters probably saw to that.

Leon County is going to have some nice new Police cruisers in a few months.

A very awkward situation appears to have been averted at Florida State.

If QB Winston had been charged with a felony today, he would be innocent until proven guilty of course, but FSU team rules would immediately render him ineligible.

So the #1 team in the nation would go into a conference championship as heavy favorites without their star QB (and probable Heisman frontrunner).

However, an unnamed source is claiming a settlement has been reached in the case, which is a year old.

No surprise at all.

Knowing what we know now, rick would you take Duke and the 29 points in the game?

Gator, if FSU was 8-5 and headed for the Chick-Fil-A bowl, would the the Leon County prosecutor have charged him and passed on the autographed Bobby Bowden headshot, the replica Seminole head-dress, and the Bowl tickets?

kids the lesson here is practice, practice, practice so that you can be in a position to have everyone in the county looking out for you to make sure you can win the big game for the local team.

[disclaimer: all in jest, from a fellow gator fan, I think in jest, yeah probably, maybe}

Not - not a game. Not a game. We talkin bout practice.

With Louisville's win over Cincinnati tonight, the University of Central Florida is headed to a BCS bowl game as AAC champ.

Last month during an Arizona State game, the announcer related that ASU had the largest undergraduate enrollment in the US.

Next most undergrad enrollment? UCF, making it the second largest university in the country.

You go, Golden Knights...

For ga/sa I hear Baltimore is pretty good (I will be setting up there for first time this year ). I like heroes con in nc. NYcc, Chicago and sdcc are all good as well!

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully the parade went well.

I have another ask G.A.tor question:

Many years ago even before joining these forums I heard of this dentist that owns the Mile High Action Comics #1. Do you know of this dentist and is it true that he or she owns this book along with any other remarkable books within his or her collection?

Did you see it?

Watching a team rush for 545 yards against a vaunted defense (that only allows 119 yards on the ground per game) was quite a remarkable sight.

Now the pressure is on Ohio State.

Speaking of which, MSU 17-0 2nd Q.

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully the parade went well.

I have another ask G.A.tor question:

Many years ago even before joining these forums I heard of this dentist that owns the Mile High Action Comics #1. Do you know of this dentist and is it true that he or she owns this book along with any other remarkable books within his or her collection?

Yes. Dave Anderson has probably the best d. C. Collection I know of. Mile high actions 1-23+ ...Allentown tec27 etc. great great collection

G.A.tor 2 questions...

1) Would you rather have Anderson's Mile High Action 1 or his Allentown Tec 27?

2) MSU up 17-0 over OSU at the Half, FSU up 14-0 at the half (with Duke getting 29 points) Which has better chance of happening... OSU coming back to win OR Duke Covering?

G.A.tor 2 questions...

1) Would you rather have Anderson's Mile High Action 1 or his Allentown Tec 27?

2) MSU up 17-0 over OSU at the Half, FSU up 14-0 at the half (with Duke getting 29 points) Which has better chance of happening... OSU coming back to win OR Duke Covering?

Action 1 by a hair

17-10 at half msu. Osu making it a game. Fsu pulls way ahead second half would be my guess

Maybe auburn vs fsu for natty?