• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

the "johnny football" phenomenon has masked the fact that last year aTm finished third in the west [lsu wins tiebreaker there], and this year finished fourth. hardly "near the top" of the conference.

admittedly, mizzou has had one heckuva year, but they had only two conference wins last year, iirc.

the "johnny football" phenomenon has masked the fact that last year aTm finished third in the west [lsu wins tiebreaker there], and this year finished fourth. hardly "near the top" of the conference.

admittedly, mizzou has had one heckuva year, but they had only two conference wins last year, iirc.

And auburn had none (conf wins)

Coaching on mo and AU were better this year and they largely went injury free.

Week 15 BCS Standings (Top 5):

1. Florida State

2. Ohio State

3. Auburn

4. Alabama

5. Missouri

Mizz would jump ala with a win over auburn.

Most assuredly, but would a one-loss Auburn (as SEC Champ) jump an undefeated Ohio State if they both win next Saturday?

1. Florida State

2. Ohio State

3. Auburn

4. Alabama

5. Missouri

Most assuredly, but would a one-loss Auburn (as SEC Champ) jump an undefeated Ohio State if they both win next Saturday?

No. Win by osu over top 15 msu assures osu natty Appearance

1. Florida State

2. Ohio State

3. Auburn

4. Alabama

5. Missouri

which is sad - their only win against a current top 25 team is Aggie who checks in at 24 and is 4-4 in conference play. A lot of luck in their run this year.

1. Florida State

2. Ohio State

3. Auburn

4. Alabama

5. Missouri

which is sad - their only win against a current top 25 team is Aggie who checks in at 24 and is 4-4 in conference play. A lot of luck in their run this year.

I'd put money on Alabama against any team in the country on a neutral field but they lucked out in their schedule also. They only played 3 teams currently ranked (beat LSU and A & M, lost to Auburn).

They avoided the top 5 teams from the SEC east.

1. Florida State

2. Ohio State

3. Auburn

4. Alabama

5. Missouri

I thought Auburn would be closer to OSU, but apparently there are a lot of voters who just won't vote for a one-loss team over an undefeated team from a major conference.

It still seems to me that Alabama is the best team in the country. I'm glad that next year we will finally have a system where one fluky play doesn't knock a team out of contention for the national championship.

1. Florida State

2. Ohio State

3. Auburn

4. Alabama

5. Missouri

I thought Auburn would be closer to OSU, but apparently there are a lot of voters who just won't vote for a one-loss team over an undefeated team from a major conference.

It still seems to me that Alabama is the best team in the country. I'm glad that next year we will finally have a system where one fluky play doesn't knock a team out of contention for the national championship.

As much as it pains me to admit it, fsu is clearly the best team in the country.

1. Florida State

2. Ohio State

3. Auburn

4. Alabama

5. Missouri

And unfortunately for Auburn 5 of the 6 computers have Auburn lower than Ohio State. If both teams win their championship game it would probably take the voters moving Auburn to first to pass Ohio State for second place in the BCS standings. Of course that would depend on both teams winning their league championship games. After last weekend I'm not sure I would say that's a given.

1. Florida State

2. Ohio State

3. Auburn

4. Alabama

5. Missouri

As much as it pains me to admit it, fsu is clearly the best team in the country.

One thing that makes these comparisons so tough is major conference schools scheduling too many cupcakes in their non-conference games. As I remember, before the current system began there was a lot of discussion about how the computer rankings would heavily penalize that sort of thing. But apparently however the computers do the weighting, the penalty is too small to avoid having (late-season!) match ups like Bama-Chattanoga and FSU-Idaho.

1. Florida State

2. Ohio State

3. Auburn

4. Alabama

5. Missouri

Willie Meggs can change all that with one poor decision :(

1. Florida State

2. Ohio State

3. Auburn

4. Alabama

5. Missouri

If there were a playoff this year, I'd put Alabama over FSU.

1. Florida State

2. Ohio State

3. Auburn

4. Alabama

5. Missouri

If that kid were a 3rd stringer, he'd already have been booted.

1. Florida State

2. Ohio State

3. Auburn

4. Alabama

5. Missouri

If that kid were a 3rd stringer, he'd already have been booted.

agreed

There were some mile highs damaged and misc books but not sure i ever saw a complete list

:censored:

(I've heard that some of the Mile High Chesler's have water damage...I wonder if those could have been damaged in the GMA flood.)

those are cat urine damaged books from mclauglin's collection. i used to have 4 such mile high cheslers.