• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Hmm tec 168 sounds good, how high a grade do you think I can get for 3 grand?

$1k a point. So maybe a 3.0

what about Tec 140? I might want to upgrade the copy I have

Cool book. Not as desirable to me

Hmm tec 168 sounds good, how high a grade do you think I can get for 3 grand?

$1k a point. So maybe a 3.0

what about Tec 140? I might want to upgrade the copy I have

Cool book. Not as desirable to me

But what is your take on per point market value?

Hey Rick, Can we get an update on TEC 29, 31, 33, 35, 36 and 37 and what going prices per point grade for them. Example is TEC 35 a 5k, 6k, 7k or 8k a point book now????

that's a lot of work lol

but I will try to give it some thought sooner or later

:taptaptap:

there are a lot of variables on tecs...as grade increases, so does the spread...but for avg lower grade (mid and lower), here are some general guidelines...

29 is still 10K+ a point

31 is pushing 10-15k a point depending on grade

33 ,,,about 4K a point

35 is 5-6K a point avg

36...1500 or so

37...1k-1500 avg...but varies

there are a lot of variables on tecs...as grade increases, so does the spread...but for avg lower grade (mid and lower), here are some general guidelines...

29 is still 10K+ a point

33 ,,,about 4K a point

35 is 5-6K a point avg

36...1500 or so

Let's say you have a Tec 29 and 31 in 8.0. What's the point spread now?

29 is still 10K+ a point

33 ,,,about 4K a point

35 is 5-6K a point avg

36...1500 or so

Wow. I know these books have been on the upswing, but am surprised how pricey these have become. How much would you deduct for extensively restored copies? I'd love to add a restored 35 to my collection...

29 is still 10K+ a point

33 ,,,about 4K a point

35 is 5-6K a point avg

36...1500 or so

Wow. I know these books have been on the upswing, but am surprised how pricey these have become. How much would you deduct for extensively restored copies? I'd love to add a restored 35 to my collection...

:popcorn:

29 is still 10K+ a point

33 ,,,about 4K a point

35 is 5-6K a point avg

36...1500 or so

Let's say you have a Tec 29 and 31 in 8.0. What's the point spread now?

There is no per point avg.

no 8.0 had publicly sold in forever , so really all speculation. Low to mid 6 figs easy, maybe much more

29 is still 10K+ a point

33 ,,,about 4K a point

35 is 5-6K a point avg

36...1500 or so

Ext seem to hover between 10-35% of unrestored value. But again, each book is unique. No blueprint fits all

and you forgot 27 and 28 among other non bat covers

James G

price point on the #27 is probably moving up too fast to be frozen as "a point" in a survey. :sorry:

Actually. 27 is probably the most steady right now. Pretty much 80-85k a point for low to mid.

29 is still 10K+ a point

33 ,,,about 4K a point

35 is 5-6K a point avg

36...1500 or so

Find me a nicely presenting 2.0 with OW or better paper for $8k and I'm your huckleberry :wishluck:

29 is still 10K+ a point

33 ,,,about 4K a point

35 is 5-6K a point avg

36...1500 or so

Find me a nicely presenting 2.0 with OW or better paper for $8k and I'm your huckleberry :wishluck:

there's only 3 cgc 2.0's, only one of which has publicly sold in last 8 years (on clink)...and it was not "nicely" presenting... your request probably is not in the market, and if it was, would probably command low 5 figures .... but a 3.0 just sold for 12K, and a 3.5 for $14K...so the 4K a point is pretty accurate, generally speaking

Awwww, that was my 2.0 :)lol I was very happy with that grade considering the cover was detached.

I was even happier with the 3.0 they gave me for the #31 and the 4.0 for the 35. I think the CGC gods looked down upon me that day.

Awwww, that was my 2.0 :)lol I was very happy with that grade considering the cover was detached.

I was even happier with the 3.0 they gave me for the #31 and the 4.0 for the 35. I think the CGC gods looked down upon me that day.

(thumbs u

James G

price point on the #27 is probably moving up too fast to be frozen as "a point" in a survey. :sorry:

Actually. 27 is probably the most steady right now. Pretty much 80-85k a point for low to mid.

Still forgot 28 :-P

So i will ask. What do you think detective 28 is per point. What about 38 as well.

James G

Edited by jgallo

James G

On what sales data do you base these two claims (most steady + 80K a point) ?