• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

and you forgot 27 and 28 among other non bat covers

James G

price point on the #27 is probably moving up too fast to be frozen as "a point" in a survey. :sorry:

Actually. 27 is probably the most steady right now. Pretty much 80-85k a point for low to mid.

On what sales data do you base these two claims (most steady + 80K a point) ?

Gator has a Magic 8-Ball.

James G

price point on the #27 is probably moving up too fast to be frozen as "a point" in a survey. :sorry:

Actually. 27 is probably the most steady right now. Pretty much 80-85k a point for low to mid.

On what sales data do you base these two claims (most steady + 80K a point) ?

off the sale of my 4.0, and 2 other private sales...the 6.5 BW copy, etc every one pretty much 80-85K a point , and a 150K offer on a 1.8 (that was not sold) (thumbs u

James G

Still forgot 29 :-P

So i will ask. What do you think detective 28 is per point. What about 38 as well.

James G

didn't forget 29, it is first one on my list...

28, is not regular, either...there really is no set "per point" derivative (thumbs u

GAtor,

What do you think are the price points for Tec 40 blue and PLOD? I need one for the last of my GA Joker covers.

Thanks! I greatly appreciate you sharing your experience and knowledge with us.

again, not enough data or movement to establish a "per point" formula I'm afraid...

GAtor,

What is the point spread on Action 1, 7, 10, and 13?

1...75-100k

7...25-30k

10...10k give or take

13...10k give or take

Here is a tough question. How do I find a copy of Supergear without contacting basement comics or Ian Levine?

there's been on on clink for a while, not sure if still there

and I see them pop up on ebay from time to time...

hey mr gator, newb golden age guy here....how is a pedigree verified by cgc? nowadays coverage of new collections would make it easy, but what about say mile high? was/is it basically chucks word as to what books were in the collection compared to books he already owned?

hey mr gator, newb golden age guy here....how is a pedigree verified by cgc? nowadays coverage of new collections would make it easy, but what about say mile high? was/is it basically chucks word as to what books were in the collection compared to books he already owned?

most pedigrees, like the Church books, or allentowns, or Reily's etc, have distinctive markings or preservation qualities (smell, touch, etc) that make long time collectors easily distinquish them...pretty sure no one consults chuck lol

most pedigrees, like the Church books, or allentowns, or Reily's etc, have distinctive markings or preservation qualities (smell, touch, etc) that make long time collectors easily distinquish them...pretty sure no one consults chuck lol

I don't think Chuck had many of them left by the time CGC started.

I don't think Chuck had many of them left by the time CGC started.

indeed

Unless it's in regard to whether his marketing strategies influenced his choice of tattoos. :grin: