• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Dear Rick,

Any chance you can reign in and keep a certain "someone" who does "an end of the year report" on the CGC boards in the Gold area of the boards?

He is going to get all of our threads in Comics General locked or poofed.

Many thanks in advance and as always, I speak for the boards when I say we appreciate your help in all things comic booky.

See you at NYCC

*poof* you say hm

I can't imagine anyone poofing in General, ...pooting or pooping maybe, but poofing, ...that's just wrong! :ohnoez:

Dear Rick,

Any chance you can reign in and keep a certain "someone" who does "an end of the year report" on the CGC boards in the Gold area of the boards?

He is going to get all of our threads in Comics General locked or poofed.

Many thanks in advance and as always, I speak for the boards when I say we appreciate your help in all things comic booky.

See you at NYCC

*poof* you say hm

I can't imagine anyone poofing in General, ...pooting or pooping maybe, but poofing, ...that's just wrong! :ohnoez:

Certainly worth exploring

:idea:

Hi Rick,

Have you ever seen the Larson copy of Action 1? If so do you have any idea of its condition? I have heard varying stories it may have had a coupon clipped from the back cover.

Thanks

The Larson Action #1 is rumored to be an 8.0. Maybe you're thinking of the Larson AA #16 with the coupon cut out? Or the Larson Supes #1 with no back cover?

Can't remember where I heard it. I think I had just googled Action Comics #1 Larson and it was in a stream of articles about pricy books and someone had posted it was missing a coupon, but nobody could confirm. As I've never seen a scan/picture of it I really have no idea. But as its one of the few pedigree Action 1s it has interested me for some time.

Hi Rick,

Have you ever seen the Larson copy of Action 1? If so do you have any idea of its condition? I have heard varying stories it may have had a coupon clipped from the back cover.

Thanks

the Larson copy of action 1 is where abouts unknown... I once heard the cover was cleaned (like some of the other early actions, 7 most notably)...

there is no coupon or mail in cut out on back cover of action 1... there is on the all American 16, which I believe the Larson 16 has had cut...

The Larson Action #1 is rumored to be an 8.0. Maybe you're thinking of the Larson AA #16 with the coupon cut out? Or the Larson Supes #1 with no back cover?

Can't remember where I heard it. I think I had just googled Action Comics #1 Larson and it was in a stream of articles about pricy books and someone had posted it was missing a coupon, but nobody could confirm. As I've never seen a scan/picture of it I really have no idea. But as its one of the few pedigree Action 1s it has interested me for some time.

I believe crowzilla knows the story behind the Larson 1...maybe it has an interior coupon cut out?

Hi Rick,

Thanks

the Larson copy of action 1 is where abouts unknown... I once heard the cover was cleaned (like some of the other early actions, 7 most notably)...

there is no coupon or mail in cut out on back cover of action 1... there is on the all American 16, which I believe the Larson 16 has had cut...

Thanks! That's the most information from a reliable source I've ever heard about the Larson AC1 lol. Good to know for sure at least what we don't know.

Hi Rick,

Thanks

the Larson copy of action 1 is where abouts unknown...

It's whereabouts are known and my understanding is the same as nearmint -- that's it's an 8.0 or so.

Hi Rick,

Thanks

the Larson copy of action 1 is where abouts unknown...

It's whereabouts are known and my understanding is the same as nearmint -- that's it's an 8.0 or so.

Where abouts are unknown to me :cry:

Dear Mr. Gator,

If you were to inherit a sizeable amount in the near future (probably within 10 years) and wanted to spend six figures on a mid to high grade Detective Comics #27 or Batman #1 copy, who would be the man to talk to?

There are many folks that could assist you with that purchase. I'd be happy to be on the top of the list and go from there ;)

Okay, I will remember that. Thank you! I remembered you as Detective27kid and figured you're aware where a good copy or two might be.
:shy:

GAtor,

How many Action 1s and Tec 27's have you owned?

good question...

I believe I have owned 12 action 1's and 17 detective 27's at this point...but I might be one off , exercised my brain a bit too much lol

GAtor,

good question...

I believe I have owned 12 action 1's and 17 detective 27's at this point...but I might be one off , exercised my brain a bit too much lol

How many Gators have you owned? hm

GAtor,

good question...

What's the highest grade you owned of each?

GAtor,

good question...

And none of them found their way to my comic box :cry: