• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

GAtor,

How many Action 1s and Tec 27's have you owned?

good question...

I believe I have owned 12 action 1's and 17 detective 27's at this point...but I might be one off , exercised my brain a bit too much lol

amazing!

Wise is also selling a copy of Action Comics No. 1, which is the debut of Superman and is considered the birth of the comic book super hero. A well-preserved copy of the 1938 comic sold for a record $2.1 million in 2011. Zurzolo said there are fewer than 100 copies of the issue in existence.

Misquote or does he really believe it? Agree or disagree?

Wise is also selling a copy of Action Comics No. 1, which is the debut of Superman and is considered the birth of the comic book super hero. A well-preserved copy of the 1938 comic sold for a record $2.1 million in 2011. Zurzolo said there are fewer than 100 copies of the issue in existence.

Which one will go highest tonight? A1 or T27 ... (shrug)

GAtor,

good question...

I believe I have owned 12 action 1's and 17 detective 27's at this point...but I might be one off , exercised my brain a bit too much lol

And none of them found their way to my comic box :cry:

I was thinking the same heck i would settle for a Funny Pages 40 :)

GAtor,

good question...

How many Gators have you owned? hm

do stuffed animals, statues, decals, and kids that are in college at Gainesville count (shrug)

GAtor,

good question...

What's the highest grade you owned of each?

action 1...blue...cgc6.5, restored....8.0 mod p

tec 27...blue...cgc 4.0, restored...9.2 ext p

GAtor,

good question...

:sorry:

the A1 should kill a 3 sided trimmed tec27... if both were equal grades,the A1 would still win (imo)

GAtor,

good question...

I was thinking the same heck i would settle for a Funny Pages 40 :)

(tsk)

Can't recall if you ever had a MPFW?
I have never desired to own one, now that I think about it...plenty of opps, just always passed ...

Sure there are :eyeroll: , and a copy happens to surface in practically every one of CConnect's Event Auctions

Sure there are :eyeroll: , and a copy happens to surface in practically every one of CConnect's Event Auctions

there are certainly more than 100 copies of action 1 in existence.... Vincent knows this...are we sure they quoted him properly? or maybe he was referring to high grade copies, then sure there is less than 100 high grade action 1s out there (IMO)

the A1 should kill a 3 sided trimmed tec27... if both were equal grades,the A1 would still win (imo)

Considered how the T27 in question actually fills out the inner well in a "normal" way, it must be micro-micro trim.

Considered how the T27 in question actually fills out the inner well in a "normal" way, it must be micro-micro trim.

its not noted as "cover" trimmed, but "edges"...that typically means interior book trimmed too...

I have never desired to own one, now that I think about it...plenty of opps, just always passed ...
goofy cover. Only 5 or 10 known to exist I think? Marvel 1 is the first newsstand app of Subby anyways.

goofy cover. Only 5 or 10 known to exist I think? Marvel 1 is the first newsstand app of Subby anyways.
I think 9 or 10 have been documented so far (in a thread here on the boards)...

just yes, just no desire to own (kind of like red raven, for me)