• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Dear GAtor...

tell me how it is that you are considered to be the most interesting man in the world?

mimitw-1.jpg

GAtor

why GAtor, thank you so much for recognizing that...

it all started off when I was just a wee little lad...

continued at www.mostinterestingmanintheworld.com

What should one expect to pay for a Aquaman vs Great White Shark in nice condition
5500... I might have said higher, but I just couldn't get motivated to go after, so I believe that is current fmv lol

How 'bout that LSU win on Saturday? :baiting:

Geaux Tigers!

well, it is a victory for LSU in the win column, but computer analysis showed conclusively that the latteral was actually a forward pass and therefore an incomplete forward pass (since it hit the ground) and Florida should have been awared the ball there and kneeled the clock out... but, after the fact corrections don't count, so congrats to LSU (thumbs u

Geaux Tigers!

well, it is a victory for LSU in the win column, but computer analysis showed conclusively that the latteral was actually a forward pass and therefore an incomplete forward pass (since it hit the ground) and Florida should have been awared the ball there and kneeled the clock out... but, after the fact corrections don't count, so congrats to LSU (thumbs u

lol Fortunately, the SEC doesn't really know how to use computers.

Geaux Tigers!

lol Fortunately, the SEC doesn't really know how to use computers.

well, they don't have that luxury during the game, but the place holder clearly tapped the ball a good foot behind the 43 yard line, establishing spot where it becomes a forward pass, and the ball hit the ground in the middle of the line marker, meaning the football was in front of the 43 yard line so even the replay official should have been able to conclusively overturn, but they didn't... the computer model was just used after the fact to confirm what the replay official should have been able to determine from just the espn replays they were provided with...

now, make no mistake, LSU outplayed Fl and deserved to win, but it does hurt that we lost on a play that in reality, they should not have beaten us on...just the way it goes

The top SEC teams this year in order as follows:

1) Auburn

2) South Carolina

3) Alabama

4) Arkansas

5) LSU

SEC Championship will be Auburn vs. South Carolina or Alabama vs. South Carolina

I disagree...

my top 5 is

1)alabama (yeah, I know, SC beat them, but I think we all felt that was coming)

2)south carolina (will lose to Fl at home)

3)florida (unless we lose another one before SC lol )

4)Auburn (will lose to Ala)

5)LSU (will lose to Ala and one other)

SEC for third year in a Row is Florida vs Alabama

I think it is a 'who knows?' year. Auburn will do something stupid to mess up. They almost always do.
I think Alabama beats Aub...and maybe even another team...

but, Alabama is still the "dominant" team in the SEC, and I still believe Florida wins the East

1) Auburn

2) South Carolina

3) Alabama

4) Arkansas

5) LSU

SEC Championship will be Auburn vs. South Carolina or Alabama vs. South Carolina

I disagree...

my top 5 is

Florida lost 31-6 to Alabama and South Carolina just beat Alabama by 2 TD's. Auburn ran over South Carolina in the second half.

1) Auburn

2) South Carolina

3) Alabama

4) Arkansas

5) LSU

I disagree...

my top 5 is

Florida lost 31-6 to Alabama and South Carolina just beat Alabama by 2 TD's. Auburn ran over South Carolina in the second half.

very true...by that logic, FL destroyed a KY team that barely lost to Auburn...we could say that lsu barely beat a really bad tenn team...we could say that auburn barely beat a really avg kentucky team (see Fl reference)...we could say that SC struggled with a bad GA team... 1 game doesn't make a season...

head to head, Ala beat Fl...that is why I have them above Fl...

SC did beat Ala, but I don't believe that SC is the better team, given their loss to Auburn, and Auburn's and LSU's unconvincing wins... etc, etc...

my top 5 list is just as valid (and of course biased) as anyone's at this point in the season (thumbs u

Dear Gator,

You helped one of my amigos find his grail, a Tec 35.

You're helping another one of my good buddies buy his grail, an Adventure Comics 40.

What is my new grail and what role will you play in my acquiring this mystery book?

:grin:

I think it is a 'who knows?' year. Auburn will do something stupid to mess up. They almost always do.

:roflmao: so true!

thank goodness the gators don't have to play auburn this year...they have been our "nemesis" in the recent past