• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Hi Gator:

I remember reading one of your posts awhile back with your thoughts about what percentage the CGC Registry is to the total number of copies of a particular issue in the world.

I think your ballpark in general (at least for GA and SA) was about 20% or so? Is that a close enough representation of your thinking?

There is no set %. For some books 20% might be accurate. For some books no copy is in the census. For other books could be 50% or more. No generic formula I'm afraid

conference was weak
Sorry G.A.tor. The old Big East strikes back, I guess. 18-0 in the SEC was an incredible run.

but the top 2 teams represent 50% of the final four... and 3 out of 8 in elite... I'd say pretty good representation

Who was the 3rd?

I think he was thinking Tennessee, but they lost in the Sweet Sixteen to Michigan. Just short of the Elite Eight.

Close enough lol

Might of been an Elite Eight match-up for UT and UK if not for a questionable charge call on Stokes with 6 seconds left in that Michigan game. Usually, refs don't like to determine the outcome of games in the final seconds (but they did twice in this tourney...just ask Arizona about Wisconsin).

conference was weak
Sorry G.A.tor. The old Big East strikes back, I guess. 18-0 in the SEC was an incredible run.

but the top 2 teams represent 50% of the final four... and 3 out of 8 in elite... I'd say pretty good representation

Who was the 3rd?

I think he was thinking Tennessee, but they lost in the Sweet Sixteen to Michigan. Just short of the Elite Eight.

Close enough lol

Might of been an Elite Eight match-up for UT and UK if not for a questionable charge call on Stokes with 6 seconds left in that Michigan game. Usually, refs don't like to determine the outcome of games in the final seconds (but they did twice in this tourney...just ask Arizona about Wisconsin).

Charge or not stokes lost ball and mich easily would have (actually did) recover .

sorry about your boys Rick I had em takin it myself :sorry: great season though and a fun team to watch...can't really beat that!! at least your dudes were able to fly past Dayton ;):cry:

Gator can still outshoot me on the court every time. :cry:

I made 27/27 free throws before missing a few weeks ago. :news: .

I've never made 100 of 100. Hit 99/100 many times. Hit 95/96/97 even 98 in a row many times, but that elusive perfect free throw century has always eluded me (for 40 years)

I've never made 100 of 100. Hit 99/100 many times. Hit 95/96/97 even 98 in a row many times, but that elusive perfect free throw century has always eluded me (for 40 years)

Won't get any easier the next 40 years either :sorry:

There's nothing worse than starting 98 for 98 then having a lapse. doh!

But bill, I actually think I have a better shot at it now, than I did 20 years ago. I'm a little more patient. I try it at least 2x a week, so figure over next 10 years I have a other 1000 tries to get it

:wishluck:

But bill, I actually think I have a better shot at it now, than I did 20 years ago. I'm a little more patient. I try it at least 2x a week, so figure over next 10 years I have a other 1000 tries to get it

You do indeed, but father time catches up with us all. Even Steve Nash

Good news is free throws can be effectively shot by even 80year olds. Ted st. martin, The dude that has the Guinness world record for 5221 consecutive free throws, accomplished the feat at age 74 !

Good news is free throws can be effectively shot by even 80year olds. Ted st. martin, The dude that has the Guinness world record for 5221 consecutive free throws, accomplished the feat at age 74 !

I shoot 90 from the line. I shoot left or right handed FTs and with my eyes closed. Tom Nordlands been a great help. I've taken his clinics and hired him for several clinics through work and coaching. Shaq never wanted to work with him though lol

http://www.swish22.com

well there you go Rick! you can enjoy another 30-40 years of being an athlete of herculean proportions, the Olympian ideal if you will

well there you go Rick! you can enjoy another 30-40 years of being an athlete of herculean proportions, the Olympian ideal if you will

paging parker....paging a mr parker...

paging parker....paging a mr parker...

well you got me there. I had my geeks mixed up lol

conference was weak

Who was the 3rd?

Close enough lol

Charge or not stokes lost ball and mich easily would have (actually did) recover .

the people who quibble about the call are of the mind that stokes was the one fouled, so loss of ball/pick up by um is irrelevant.

i think this free throw thing deserves it's own thread, g.a.tor.

I don't shoot free throws. I take off from there and slam it.

I lowered our middle school gym's goal to 9 feet the other day and I was able to slam with relative ease.... if only :cloud9:

I lowered our middle school gym's goal to 9 feet the other day and I was able to slam with relative ease.... if only :cloud9:

^^

White Men Can't Jump. lol