• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Dear Gator

Why are the fools in Manhattan lining up the door for Chick fil a?

It's not that good

Their milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard.

steak n shake has best milkshakes in the south, but CFA are pretty darn tootin good too

I have heard AF 15 is the silver age Action 1. What would you say is the silver age equivalent of Tec 27?
Hulk 1 without question

hulk 1 is great, but something wrong with it being better than ff 1 at anything.

didn't say it was "better"...just if we are talking about the biggest 2 demand marvel sa comics, its af15 and hulk 1...

I have heard AF 15 is the silver age Action 1. What would you say is the silver age equivalent of Tec 27?
Hulk 1 without question

hulk 1 is great, but something wrong with it being better than ff 1 at anything.

didn't say it was "better"...just if we are talking about the biggest 2 demand marvel sa comics, its af15 and hulk 1...

One of the more mysterious price movements of recent years to me has been IH 1 taking off. Never quite understood what's behind it. hm

Hulk 1 without question

One of the more mysterious price movements of recent years to me has been IH 1 taking off. Never quite understood what's behind it. hm

supply and demand... lol

Hulk 1 without question

supply and demand... lol

Are you sure? Last time you said it was demand and supply. :baiting:

Hulk 1 without question

The Hulk movies got better, the FF movies got worse.

If the collector market pays more attention to media success than failure, then the Hulk SMASH theory is a heavyweight. hm

Hulk 1 without question

If the collector market pays more attention to media success than failure, then the Hulk SMASH theory is a heavyweight. hm

Except his standalone movies haven't done that well.. At this point he's just a costar in the Avengers movies. Or is there something brewing that might be driving this?

Hulk 1 without question

Except his standalone movies haven't done that well.. At this point he's just a costar in the Avengers movies. Or is there something brewing that might be driving this?

I'm sure that more is brewing given the character's (and actor's) popularity in the Avengers series, but film success isn't just dollars and cents. Modest critical and financial success of a film franchise is sometimes enough to fuel continued character popularity. OTOH, massive failure on both a financial and critical level can poison a franchise and by association diminish interest in the characters themselves. FF hasn't been served well in this regard.

My 2c