• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Hey Gator...

Do you think David Price will finally win his first playoff game as a starter? It's do or die tonight for the Blue Jays.

Cheers.

yes. I believe

I have heard AF 15 is the silver age Action 1. What would you say is the silver age equivalent of Tec 27?
Hulk 1 without question

hulk 1 is great, but something wrong with it being better than ff 1 at anything.

didn't say it was "better"...just if we are talking about the biggest 2 demand marvel sa comics, its af15 and hulk 1...

One of the more mysterious price movements of recent years to me has been IH 1 taking off. Never quite understood what's behind it. hm

supply and demand... lol

And why the demand? Because the hulk is a pretty cool character and the cover to #1 is actually really good. I like it much better than Daredevil #1

I have heard AF 15 is the silver age Action 1. What would you say is the silver age equivalent of Tec 27?
Hulk 1 without question

hulk 1 is great, but something wrong with it being better than ff 1 at anything.

didn't say it was "better"...just if we are talking about the biggest 2 demand marvel sa comics, its af15 and hulk 1...

One of the more mysterious price movements of recent years to me has been IH 1 taking off. Never quite understood what's behind it. hm

supply and demand... lol

And why the demand? Because the hulk is a pretty cool character and the cover to #1 is actually really good. I like it much better than Daredevil #1

Me. too. But Hulk was just as cool two or three years ago when IH 1 prices were much lower. I bought a beat copy from Dolgoff a few years ago for, iirc, something like $500. It's in a box somewhere. That puppy may now be a $5K book. :o

Still don't understand how that happened. hm

Hulk 1 without question

I thought the question was more around what were the equivalent SA comics to the GA Action 1 and Tec 27

If so, Hulk isn't in that conversation. Not by a long shot

AF 15 and FF 1, with an argument for Showcase 4

Current "value" aside

Hulk 1 without question

I thought the question was more around what were the equivalent SA comics to the GA Action 1 and Tec 27

Current "value" aside

If we are going by significance, then I would make FF 1 the equivalent of Action 1, and AF 15 the equivalent of Tec 27.

Hulk 1 without question

Current "value" aside

I narrowed response to marvel. Sc4 is an appropriate response.

Ff1 more like as3. Great book, hugely important, but doesn't get the love or demand it should.

I'm with you on Ohio State. Not sure how they are any different than the Big 12 teams with back loaded schedules. And they haven't even looked very impressive against who they have played. I assume it's the same thing as Florida State last year. It's not that I don't think they are one of the top teams, but they haven't played like it yet. I'm most surprised by Alabama and Notre Dame being ranked above so many undefeated teams.

I'm with you on Ohio State. Not sure how they are any different than the Big 12 teams with back loaded schedules. And they haven't even looked very impressive against who they have played. I assume it's the same thing as Florida State last year. It's not that I don't think they are one of the top teams, but they haven't played like it yet. I'm most surprised by Alabama and Notre Dame being ranked above so many undefeated teams.

Agreed. At least Baylor and TCU blow out their bad opponents. Ohio State is not winning in impressive fashion despite playing garbage teams.

Agreed. At least Baylor and TCU blow out their bad opponents. Ohio State is not winning in impressive fashion despite playing garbage teams.

Really?

Average margin of victory:

Baylor: 32.375

TCU: 24.375

Ohio State:23.375

Sagarin strength of schedule:

Baylor: 104

TCU: 53

Ohio State: 68

But don't let facts get in the way...

And LSU is winning by 14.25 ppg with the 37th ranked SOS.

Really?

Well put I mean how BIG do they have to win by? They won their last test 49-7 (shrug) I stated earlier in some thread and agree with GAtor that LSU looks like the best team in the country and Ohio State hasnt really passed the, "eye test" so to speak even in my eyes and thats my team (them and BGSU) but lets not quickly forget that they havent lost in a LOOOOONG time. Longest winning streak in the country last I checked and whats LSUs biggest margin of victory anyways since we are talking about it? like 20 something over a 4-4 Auburn team and Western Kentucky. Like I said not taking away from them they have a dynamic team that looks to be the best in the country right now with an awesome back but Ohio States got a pretty awesome back too I might add. This weeks test against Minn will be a decent one they have played both TCU and that team up north tough. Add in the fact its a primetime game and their starting QB got busted for being an . Im not putting Ohio State in the National Championship game just yet but I dont think a #3 ranking is overrated for them right now. I thought they were when they were at #1 but we cant fault them for NOT losing guys come on.

Really?

Well put I mean how BIG do they have to win by? They won their last test 49-7 (shrug) I stated earlier in some thread and agree with GAtor that LSU looks like the best team in the country and Ohio State hasnt really passed the, "eye test" so to speak even in my eyes and thats my team (them and BGSU) but lets not quickly forget that they havent lost in a LOOOOONG time. Longest winning streak in the country last I checked and whats LSUs biggest margin of victory anyways since we are talking about it? like 20 something over a 4-4 Auburn team and Western Kentucky. Like I said not taking away from them they have a dynamic team that looks to be the best in the country right now with an awesome back but Ohio States got a pretty awesome back too I might add. This weeks test against Minn will be a decent one they have played both TCU and that team up north tough. Add in the fact its a primetime game and their starting QB got busted for being an . Im not putting Ohio State in the National Championship game just yet but I dont think a #3 ranking is overrated for them right now. I thought they were when they were at #1 but we cant fault them for NOT losing guys come on.

Ohio State beating Indiana by 7 points counts as a loss in my book.

Really?

First off Indiana was 4-0 when they played that game so that was like a national championship to them as they say. Secondly, if you count that as a loss, couldnt the same be said about Baylor just beating Kansas State by just...wait for it........7 points?!! and KSU had just lost 4 straight games...one of them to Oklahoma by a whopping 55 points!! So shouldn't Baylor, by your logic, have Beatin KSU by more than 7? or are we making them a 7-1 team as well?

Really?

Well at least you're being rational. meh