• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Just curious but has there ever really been a "comic book bubble" that has burst in the last 30 years and if so how long did it last, 6 months? Seems to me that any bubble would result in a buyers market that would just heat up the market/interest and prices again in no time.

1993-2000 was a bust

1993-1997 were some of the biggest growth years for SA and GA comics, so I'm not sure what you were monitoring. Record highs were happening at every show and every auction in those years. The latter couple years of that decade had a slowdown not the middle part.

Just curious but has there ever really been a "comic book bubble" that has burst in the last 30 years and if so how long did it last, 6 months? Seems to me that any bubble would result in a buyers market that would just heat up the market/interest and prices again in no time.

1993-2000 was a bust

1993-1997 were some of the biggest growth years for SA and GA comics, so I'm not sure what you were monitoring. Record highs were happening at every show and every auction in those years. The latter couple years of that decade had a slowdown not the middle part.

I remember stagnation. But I wasnt buying, just observing. Perhaps my opinions of the market were inaccurate.

Dear gator

What 5 books do you think will never lose value due to the burst of the comicbook bubble?

Action comics 1 unrestored, 7 above 5.0 unrestored

Det 27unrestored

Superman 1 above 5.0 unrestored

Batman 1 7.0 or above unrestored

Cap1 7.0 or above unrestored...six for me

Cap-1 in 7.0... :cloud9:

:banana:

1993-2000 was a bust

Only because the art and stories were terrible, no movies, no proper marketing of the industry because ownership of Marvel at that time could careless. I think we are way past that stage even though I think that the current art and stories [generally speaking] is horrific.

1993-2000 was a bust

Only because the art and stories were terrible, no movies, no proper marketing of the industry because ownership of Marvel at that time could careless. I think we are way past that stage even though I think that the current art and stories [generally speaking] is horrific.

The movies today are fantastic though !

Dear gator

What 5 teams do you think will never lose games due to the burst of the college football bubble?

And what 5 teams are due for a rude awakening over the next six weeks?

won't lose:

UAB

UALR

Unv of Denver

DePaul

Gonzaga

rude awakening

all of the above lol

Dear gator

What 5 teams do you think will never lose games due to the burst of the college football bubble?

And what 5 teams are due for a rude awakening over the next six weeks?

won't lose:

UAB

UALR

Unv of Denver

DePaul

Gonzaga

rude awakening

all of the above lol

Great answer G.A.tor (thumbs u

Better than the first Captain America movie. :eek:

I remember the Punisher movie with Dolph Lungren back in the day

What a nightmare

How could you possibly not love this :sorry:

<a  href=MV5BNDcyNDY5MDE5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzIy

The movie was unwatchable

Went straight to VHS

Remember that I watched 15 minutes of it and turned it off

Dear Gator

Are the Cubs going to get swept in the playoffs?

Cubs have to make it there first...

They are already there. Backs up against the wall tonight.

But then me and Richard are still crying in our beer...

My condolences to your Cubs. :sorry:

Dear Gator

Are the Cubs going to get swept in the playoffs?

Cubs have to make it there first...

They are already there. Backs up against the wall tonight.

But then me and Richard are still crying in our beer...

My condolences to your Cubs. :sorry:

I don't pay attention to major league baseball very much and with today being back to the future day I read that as Cubs in the World Series my bad