• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Gator,

Will a piece of original comic book art ever eclipse the price of Action Comics # 1 or Detective 27 ?

it already has, many times (lower grade action 1 and tec 27s) ... (thumbs u

(see heritage archives)

Excuse my poorly worded previous question ;)

Rephrase: Gator,

Will a piece of original comic book art ever eclipse the price of a high grade Action Comics # 1 or high grade Detective 27 ?

if that cover to either of those issues ever surfaced

Dodge ;)

any of the major ga keys covers would possibly surpass

Gator,

Will a piece of original comic book art ever eclipse the price of Action Comics # 1 or Detective 27 ?

(see heritage archives)

Will a piece of original comic book art ever eclipse the price of a high grade Action Comics # 1 or high grade Detective 27 ?

Dodge ;)

Do you think any of the major key silver age covers would possibly surpass the higrade Detective 27 or Action 1 ?

Gator,

(see heritage archives)

Dodge ;)

Do you think any of the major key silver age covers would possibly surpass the higrade Detective 27 or Action 1 ?

only af15 imo

Gator,

(see heritage archives)

Dodge ;)

only af15 imo

Interesting opinion. Not sure I agree but I respect your opinion regardless.

Hey G.A.tor

So how would you price an incomplete or coverless key comic (e.g. AF 15, Tec 29, etc)? I remember reading that a general rule of thumb is 1/3 of the value of good (2.0) graded copy. Do you agree?

Hey G.A.tor

So how would you price an incomplete or coverless key comic (e.g. AF 15, Tec 29, etc)? I remember reading that a general rule of thumb is 1/3 of the value of good (2.0) graded copy. Do you agree?

thats reasonable but every sale of that magnitude is unique at this point and doesn't necessarily follow any set pattern

Hey G.A.tor

thats reasonable but every sale of that magnitude is unique at this point and doesn't necessarily follow any set pattern

So essentially, it could be a little more or a little less than 1/3rd based on certain variables (e.g. page quality)?

Hey G.A.tor

So essentially, it could be a little more or a little less than 1/3rd based on certain variables (e.g. page quality)?

absolutely. There are a myriad of variables that would affect price

Hey G.A.tor

absolutely. There are a myriad of variables that would affect price

Thanks Rick.

Gator,

If prices are close, would you rather have a high grade of a lower value book, or a lower grade of a higher value book? As I try to build my collection I always struggle with this issue.

The rule of thumb is buy the nicest conditioned copy you can afford ...if lower condition of a higher value is best you can buy then do it. Same with higher condition of a lower value.

If it's a question of only affording one, go with book you want more

Gator,

If prices are close, would you rather have a high grade of a lower value book, or a lower grade of a higher value book? As I try to build my collection I always struggle with this issue.

The rule of thumb is buy the nicest conditioned copy you can afford ...if lower condition of a higher value is best you can buy then do it. Same with higher condition of a lower value.

Thanks

Gator,

Thanks

I will take a garbage Action 1 before I would buy a Mint "New Mutants"99

But thats just me

Gator,

good advice.

I was interested in the game until THE Buckeyes came on and to be honest kept flipping back to it...I don't think Florida vs LSU is as exciting as say Alabama vs Auburn , Florida vs Georgia, or LSU vs Auburn ( what's that again the Tiger bowl??) I take back the word exciting and replace it with historical but still a great game to watch for a non SEC fan. Heck the colors alone when going face to face is intriguing. I know one thing the way the Buckeyes are playing Im pretty sure LSU would eat them alive right now and Florida ain't to shabby either.

Michigan v. Michigan State was the game! Man, do I feel bad for the Michigan punter. I wonder if before the play his coach reviewed what he should do if he fumbled the snap -- FALL ON IT!

poor harbaugh----NOT. couldn't have happened to a nicer turd.

:applause::roflmao:

Was a fantastic game to watch!! I was talking to one of my buddies who is a Diehard Wolverines fan when they were punting and he hung up!!! I almost called an ambulance as I was pretty sure he had a Myocardial infarction!! lol