• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

So my conclusion is Fl has a higher expectation of national championships (more than double) than FSU

Wow.

I honestly expected that number to be much higher. The disparity of riches between the two schools makes me wonder how FSU ever beats Florida in anything.

UF of course, is the "older" university, so has a huge advantage in alumni and fundraising; UF has an endowment approximately 2.5x that of FSU, their enrollment is more than 35% higher than FSU, traditionally they field more teams and spend more money on athletics than FSU.

Ten years ago, the Gators were one of five schools whose athletic programs grossed more than $100 million (3 of the 5 were SEC schools of course) and grossed nearly 50% more than FSU.

This year the number of $100 million schools is expected to have increased at least eight-fold, and no doubt FSU attempts to keep pace, but UF still holds an impressive 25% advantage in athletic revenues over FSU

7 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

Wow.

I honestly expected that number to be much higher. The disparity of riches between the two schools makes me wonder how FSU ever beats Florida in anything.

UF of course, is the "older" university, so has a huge advantage in alumni and fundraising; UF has an endowment approximately 2.5x that of FSU, their enrollment is more than 35% higher than FSU, traditionally they field more teams and spend more money on athletics than FSU.

Ten years ago, the Gators were one of five schools whose athletic programs grossed more than $100 million (3 of the 5 were SEC schools of course) and grossed nearly 50% more than FSU.

This year the number of $100 million schools is expected to have increased at least eight-fold, and no doubt FSU attempts to keep pace, but UF still holds an impressive 25% advantage in athletic revenues over FSU

I only went back to the 80s, but the majority of both teams championships are 90s on

that said , was nice to see Fl beat FSU last night for 10th time in last 11 games in baseball....

5 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

was nice to see Fl beat FSU last night for 10th time in last 11 games in baseball....

I'm sure the 73 people at the game enjoyed it as well (at least more than the 89,000 enjoyed the November game that actually matters to both fan bases)

:foryou:

21 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

I'm sure the 73 people at the game enjoyed it as well (at least more than the 89,000 enjoyed the November game that actually matters to both fan bases)

:foryou:

Every sport matters lol

“Born to late to explore the world, born to early to explore the universe, born just in time to watch Lebron James play basketball”

“Lebron James does not obey the laws of the universe because he is the universe”

These quotes from social media which I am not a part of lead into my question. I was a freshman in college when we drafted the King and remember my old man got us tickets to go see his first ever matchup between him and Mello. There was a lot of hype over who was the better player back then. This -script has already played out. Cleveland is no longer a, “super team” and what we are witnessing Lebron do and raise his teammates is simply astonishing. He is finishing and doing it in style. He is making free throws and his dominance is not just at the offensive end he is a beast all around. The term GOAT gets thrown around all the time these days and I am not here to debate that because it’s a different game that changes throughout generations. I myself enjoyed the MJ era basketball more than I do today’s basketball but I still enjoy playoff Hoops today especially with how they have expanded the 3 point line it’s insane!!

GAtor, who are your personal top 5 Funnest NBA players that you have enjoyed watching in your life? Not necessarily the Greatest ever but in your lifetime who would you stop on a channel to watch because they were exciting? Others can feel free to chime in as well!! 

On 5/6/2018 at 12:34 AM, airwalker said:

Rick,

What would be FMV of a nice (eye appeal and pages) Batman #1 2.0?

Thanks,

These days, probably 80-100k depending. 

On 5/6/2018 at 8:39 AM, gino2paulus2 said:

“Born to late to explore the world, born to early to explore the universe, born just in time to watch Lebron James play basketball”

“Lebron James does not obey the laws of the universe because he is the universe”

These quotes from social media which I am not a part of lead into my question. I was a freshman in college when we drafted the King and remember my old man got us tickets to go see his first ever matchup between him and Mello. There was a lot of hype over who was the better player back then. This --script has already played out. Cleveland is no longer a, “super team” and what we are witnessing Lebron do and raise his teammates is simply astonishing. He is finishing and doing it in style. He is making free throws and his dominance is not just at the offensive end he is a beast all around. The term GOAT gets thrown around all the time these days and I am not here to debate that because it’s a different game that changes throughout generations. I myself enjoyed the MJ era basketball more than I do today’s basketball but I still enjoy playoff Hoops today especially with how they have expanded the 3 point line it’s insane!!

GAtor, who are your personal top 5 Funnest NBA players that you have enjoyed watching in your life? Not necessarily the Greatest ever but in your lifetime who would you stop on a channel to watch because they were exciting? Others can feel free to chime in as well!! 

Jason Williams 

michael jordan

magic johnson

bill lambier

dennis rodman

always “fun” to watch them or their antics

On 5/8/2018 at 7:09 AM, G.A.tor said:

Jason Williams 

michael jordan

magic johnson

bill lambier

dennis rodman

always “fun” to watch them or their antics

15 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Great answer!! Bill Lambier:headbang:

Yeah I hated Rodman and especially Lambier.  But boy did I love to hate them.

8 hours ago, thunsicker said:

Yeah I hated Rodman and especially Lambier.  But boy did I love to hate them.

I wonder how Lambier would adjust to the officiating in the modern NBA?

50 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I wonder how Lambier would adjust to the officiating in the modern NBA?

Lot more technicals I suspect 

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:01 PM, G.A.tor said:

Every sport matters lol

You bet they do. Oklahoma, since 1980, has won 10 NCAA Men's Gymnastics championship and was runner-up in 9 other years. :headbang:

On 5/6/2018 at 8:39 AM, gino2paulus2 said:

These quotes from social media which I am not a part of lead into my question. I was a freshman in college when we drafted the King and remember my old man got us tickets to go see his first ever matchup between him and Mello. There was a lot of hype over who was the better player back then. This --script has already played out. Cleveland is no longer a, “super team” and what we are witnessing Lebron do and raise his teammates is simply astonishing. He is finishing and doing it in style. He is making free throws and his dominance is not just at the offensive end he is a beast all around. The term GOAT gets thrown around all the time these days and I am not here to debate that because it’s a different game that changes throughout generations. I myself enjoyed the MJ era basketball more than I do today’s basketball but I still enjoy playoff Hoops today especially with how they have expanded the 3 point line it’s insane!!

I never thought I would say it, but after the last couple years I now consider LeBron the second greatest player ever. No one can top MJ, but if MJ is 1, LeBron is 1b. 

My 5 favorite players to watch:

Jordan

Russell Westbrook

Shaq

Vince Carter

Iverson 

All fun to watch in their own unique way. 

1 hour ago, Red84 said:

I never thought I would say it, but after the last couple years I now consider LeBron the second greatest player ever. No one can top MJ, but if MJ is 1, LeBron is 1b. 

That's a big "if," and let me just state for the record: I am a Chicagoan. Jordan is in the conversation, but it's no slam dunk like people assert. I think Lebron and Jordan are now vying for the three-spot. Wilt Chamberlain was the greatest ever in the sense he could singularly impose his basketball will unlike no other before or after. And Kareem had the best basketball career on the whole, taken as a body of work, college and pro. In that sense it's proper to call him the greatest ever.

Jordan was so very hyped and marketed: I saw it firsthand as it unfolded locally and then nationally and finally internationally. His shot over Ehlo? C'mon... dozens of guys in the NBA today make better shots routinely. The 3's against Portland leading to the "shrug?" Curry does that forty times a season or more. He was an immense talent, no doubt, with a very impressive body of work, but to reflexively keep going back to him as the benchmark demonstrates a generational shortsightedness. After some objective analysis, it becomes readily apparent, and not just in basketball, that each generation wants to claim theirs boasted the GOAT.  :foryou:

p.s. And if you come back about the six rings, I will counter not one without the vastly underrated Pippen, and by that metric, then Russell is by far the GOAT. And conversely Ted Williams and Dan Marino must really stink...  :whistle:

I guess there are a myriad of ways to define greatest. Folks can manipulate criteria to fit “their” candidate. 

Whats makes opinions great

Any new demand for Fawcett Captain Marvel with the movie news?  I saw a small time dealer asking double the going rate for a common non-key issue this weekend, and I'm not sure if he's expecting movie hype, or if he just doesn't see them very often.

Also, how long will the catalog on your website be down?