• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA Grail groupshot

101 posts in this topic

Several requests for an Action1/Tec27 groupshot ...... I figured I'd take this group shot instead before I lock them away for the winter, and see what other Grail groupshots I can draw out from other Boardies

PA130002.jpg

Interesting that this amazing lineup is nothing but PLODs except for the AF 15 book hm

For me it is a signal that among GA collectors restored is no longer a problem (due to the scarcity of the books being hunted). But among SA collectors restored are shunned. This also explains why the AF15 is universal. (Even though I personally love AF15 plods!! :banana:).

And I cant help thinking, that should PLODs at some point in time go up pricewise, - man you have put yourself up for an influx of insane amounts of cash ... lol

Several requests for an Action1/Tec27 groupshot ...... I figured I'd take this group shot instead before I lock them away for the winter, and see what other Grail groupshots I can draw out from other Boardies

PA130002.jpg

Interesting that this amazing lineup is nothing but PLODs except for the AF 15 book hm

For me it is a signal that among GA collectors restored is no longer a problem (due to the scarcity of the books being hunted). But among SA collectors restored are shunned. This also explains why the AF15 is universal. (Even though I personally love AF15 plods!! :banana:).

And I cant help thinking, that should PLODs at some point in time go up pricewise, - man you have put yourself up for an influx of insane amounts of cash ... lol

quite honestly, restored GA keys have never been a problem to collectors...they have always been marketable and even more so in today's cgc world of stratosphere reaching unrestored priced Keys...

SA restored keys have been a problem with most collectors because 1)availability (why buy restored when many times, unrestored is easy to locate) and 2)price...until recently (last 5+ years) even higher grade unrestored SA keys were reachable by most...

my guess is, as SA keys reach the GA key price level, restored SA keys will become much more accepted...

but GA keys restored have pretty much always been accepted, from what I have experienced

PA130002.jpg

Where's the Walking Dead #1??? (shrug)

Awesome set of books you posted! Here's my addition to the "black leather couch" thread. I checked under the cushions and unfortunately no 'Tec 27 :(

COUCH.jpg

Wow, you have a very nice couch as well!! Anyone else??

Needs more cowbell :P

Seriously, though (worship):cloud9:

Holy Cow, Jon. There must $15 or $20 worth of books there :o

Absolutely correct! It was a "Church" purchase valuation.

Where's the Spawn # 1? No collection is complete without it! :baiting:

Actually, I do own one.....and Teen Age Mutant Turtles...Radioactive Hamsters, Elfquest etc. etc....

JB, would love to hear the story on the Tec 27. Is it still yours?

Actually not much of a story...I purchased it in 1991 from Mark Wilson. He replaced a small piece missing from the bottom of the cover (In the current "plastic age" of comics, I would have left it alone).

The book has an autograph of Bill Finger....

jb

This photo is a bit dated (no Nationals and poor picture) but you get the idea....jb

(the reason for two MysteryMen 3 is one is the Larson (which is nicer than the) and the other is the Church....

Do you still own all of these books? I see an Action 1 there also...what's the grade?

Amazing! Thank you for sharing.

This photo is a bit dated (no Nationals and poor picture) but you get the idea....jb

(the reason for two MysteryMen 3 is one is the Larson (which is nicer than the) and the other is the Church....

Do you still own all of these books? I see an Action 1 there also...what's the grade?

Amazing! Thank you for sharing.

No longer have the nationals or hits...the Action has small chip out spine...about vg+......

i still have most of them, including all the over-sized books which i really enjoy....

104945.jpg.d17012e90cc847e047d5960d4fe06bf9.jpg