• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AN OPEN CHALLENGE TO CHICKENDEVIL

155 posts in this topic

Ian- I will check my database to see if I have any info on this guy. I am very sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation. Good luck I hope you get your money back soon.

In the future ask for references from anybody you are going to buy from. Also make sure to find out the person's return policy-try getting it in writing etc...

Vincent

PS- I recently had a guy using my name as a reference to get people to ship books and money to him. I may post my entire experience on this forum soon...

Ian- I will check my database to see if I have any info on this guy. I am very sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation. Good luck I hope you get your money back soon.

In the future ask for references from anybody you are going to buy from. Also make sure to find out the person's return policy-try getting it in writing etc...

Vincent

PS- I recently had a guy using my name as a reference to get people to ship books and money to him. I may post my entire experience on this forum soon...

You see, Vincent, when you buy comics from Metropolis or Harley Yee, this never happens. Up till recently, almost all my comics came from reputable dealers.

Sadly, with fifteen comics to go, I have to look harder. The guy Lars Pedersen approached me with a deal on the three Detective comics and I took it. If I'd been too suspicious I may have lost the deal. I never believed it was a scam. For instance, I have had wonderful dealings with a guy in Germany, who sold me New Comics 1, More Fun 15, 16, 60, 62, and several others. I just assumed this scum in Denmark to be as honourable as the German guy - but I was wrong.

I wish Metropolis had been able to sell me low grade copies of Detective 3, 4, and 5. Sadly they don't seem to be easily around.

I'm really down at the moment and can't seem to snap out of it.

Ian,

The wheels are in motion...we will find him.

I found him.

I even spoke to his so called "brother".

It doesn't get me my five thousand dollars back, or my copies of Detective 3, 4, and 5, which he never had in the first place. Apparently, on the CPG forum, this guy claimed to have lots of comics which he didn't have, and when people asked him for scans, he got very very angry. I only wish I'd known this earlier.

Well try to get some sleep isn't early in the morning in the UK?

Also this might help-

If you are worrying about something you should see if you can do something about it-

If you can then do it and realize you have done all you can do and don't worry.

If you can't do anything about it don't worry...because you can't change what is going to happen any way.

Just a little piece of wisdom I received from the Dalai Lama last fall in Central Park....of course it sounded a lot better when he said it and he was using it in the context of worrying about terrorism (9/11).

Vincent

Chicken Devil was such a wonderful poster...king of the two word posts.

With great winners such as...

HA HA

I agree

RIght!

Almost as good as the gremlin posters over here.

The CPG Forum have just locked the topic.

Now WHY do you suppose they would do that ????

SHAME ON THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian

Regrettably, we are hearing about scams like this on these boards far too often, and its unfortunate that a person considered to be a moderator on the CPG forums has taken liberties in screwing you out of 5K for books he may never have owned. I truly hope you recover that money immediately. If there is anything I can do to assist, I will be most happy to do so.

However, I'm not sure I agree with you involving CPG into this matter. It appears that he is a moderator, however this does not mean that he is employed by CPG, nor does CPG endorse any of his actions or behaviour. I know that I when I agreed to moderate the underground comics section of the CPG forum, I did so under my own volition, and in no way can CPG be held responsible for what I do outside of my moderating/posting activities on the forum.

Although I think your addressing the situation publicly served you well in terms of informing others about your dealings with him, I don't necessarily believe that it was right to drag CPG through the mud in this specific circumstance.

Keep us posted with any news or progress. Best of Luck.

Ian,

The wheels are in motion...we will find him.

Apparently, on the CPG forum, this guy claimed to have lots of comics which he didn't have, and when people asked him for scans, he got very very angry. I only wish I'd known this earlier.

This thread was a classic. http://www.comicspriceguide.com/forum2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=6702&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=scan,CD

I wish you would quit bandying about the whole "CHicken Devil was a mderator for CPG". The guy hasnt been active on the CPG boards for at least six months, maybe more like 9 or so.

CPG has removed his moderator "status", which I thought they did long ago with him being inactive. Ian informed them of his misdeeds and they pulled his moderator status, and it looks like without even getting his side of the story,what else do you want them to do.

Over there they dont tolerate a lot of bashing, and its a much nicer place for it.

This thread was a classic.

Just unbelievable !!!!!!!!

However, the most telling part was his quote as follows....

"And since you didn't ask nice, I'm going to no effort to drive over to my brothers house and borrow his..."

Compare that to his e-mail to me on the 4th February.

Hi Ian

I might have something of interest to you. I have duplicate copies of Detective Comics 3,4,5 if you are interested? I bought the first 50 issues in '73 and I had to buy a complete run of the first 10 to get the remaining 4 I was missing.

The comics are stored at my brothers house (quite a bit away I'm affraid), I don't have the space for them. But I'll gladly fetch them for you, if we can work something out.

I'm not sure about the grades, I simply don't remember. I now they are very low, probably Fair or Good - but they are all complete copies.

Anyway, you can contact me if you're interested.

Regards

Lars, Denmark.

See any similarities ???

I spoke to his so called "brother" Michael Andersen, who then said his name was Michael Pedersen, then said he knew nothing about these comics.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.