• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2010 Collecting Goals- How'd you do?

70 posts in this topic

I mis-read the thread the first time and thought the OP was asking

what are your collecting goals for the next year. :screwy:

I didn't have a great year with a few of life's problems and I still

managed to buy a few nice books, including a CGC 9.4 Cap 110

five slabbed Russ Heath DC War books and a few nice SA

Batman books as the high-lites.

I'm hoping to finish off a time payment deal for 6 slabs and 24

HG raw books before the year ends. :wishluck:

I sure hope I can go back to my regular comic budget very soon

with just a bit of luck.

fay

I think I said this time last year it was all about quantity over quality. I wanted/needed to get a basis for my new collection and that is exactly what I have done. In the middle of the year I was aiming for passing 3000 comics and I achieved that back in September.

Mission accomplished.

I upgraded my Amazing Adventures 11-17 run and won a bronze-age award :acclaim:

I got one of my grail books Uncle Scrooge 1 in CGC 9.4 (with white pages!) :banana:

I finished my CGC 9.8 run of Uncanny X-Men 251-300 :)

And I got to take my son to his second Emerald City ComiCon. Both he and mom had a blast for the second year in a row so it is now officially a yearly family tradition :cloud9:

I also made some major improvements in my bronze-age Thor run, upgraded my silver/bronze uncle Scrooge run, came within two books of finishing my CGC 9.8 run of Harbinger and upgraded my Wolverine 1-189 run.

All in all, it was a very good year. However, my comic budget is zero so in order to get books, I had to part with some gems.