• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please add this flake to your eBay Blocked bidder's list.

196 posts in this topic

Refunding him takes away that option.

How? A buyer can still leave feedback even after 100% refund.

He can't say he was forced into buying the book if he was refunded? (shrug)

Any negative feedback after that just looks like sour grapes if he was refunded.

Hate to say it, but that is what a reasonable person would think as a buyer.

From this guy's history, he doesn't come across as reasonable. But I guess we are going to find out.

He can leave whatever feedback he likes regardless. My point is that receiving sour grapes negative feedback looks a lot less off-putting than feedback saying he was forced to buy the book.

Plus, if a seller refunds, how can they be in the wrong? It takes the 'glamour' off negative feedback.

Force to pay, force to bid, same thing.

Unless you are 3 years old, you know if you win a eBay auction, you HAVE to pay. Especially when you have flakes out on 2 transactions with the same seller in the past 3 months.

You bid, you pay. Simple as that. For anyone to claim they were "forced" to pay for a auction they bid on and won, is retarded as you WELL know (thumbs u

Plus, if a seller refunds, how can they be in the wrong? It takes the 'glamour' off negative feedback.

Well, if anything, a potential bidder would look at the rest of the feedback and see this bidder was a clown.

I just hope we are all jumping the gun, and no matter what there is no negative involved.

No it isn't. People bid of their own free will. If they then refuse to pay and you threaten them with an Unpaid Item dispute they could call that 'forcing them to pay'.

Forcing someone to bid and forcing someone to pay is totally different.

For anyone to claim they were "forced" to pay for a auction they bid on and won, is retarded as you WELL know (thumbs u

How do I WELL know that? Are you implying something?

No it isn't. People bid of their own free will. If they then refuse to pay and you threaten them with an Unpaid Item dispute they could call that 'forcing them to pay'.

No, it is the same thing. You bid and win, you pay. There's no forcing. If you win, you are required to pay. It isn't optional. You don't win a auction and then decide if you want to pay or not.

There's no forcing, it's what you are required to do when you win an auction.

No, it is the same thing. You bid and win, you pay. There's no forcing. If you win, you are required to pay. It isn't optional. You don't win a auction and then decide if you want to pay or not.

There's no forcing, it's what you are required to do when you win an auction.

Bidding and paying are two parts of the same process. He knows what he is doing when he is asking to have the transaction cancelled, and I would venture a guess I'm not the only seller he's tried this with. He just doesn't want their to be consequences for his flakiness, and frankly, I decided to draw a line he doesn't like.

Will I get a Neg for it? Yeah, probably. Am I going to make sure I earn it? Oh, yeah, most certainly. :devil:

But right now, its up to him. He'll get the book, and then he can choose how to proceed. I'm fine with exchanging even luke-warm positives and being done with it.

If you want to upset him, use what ammo he used against you. I find that people generally attack others verbally with things that would set them off also (even though we are all wired a bit different). Since he played the "prayer" card, send him an email telling him that revenge is a sin (if it turns out he's buying the book just so he can mess with you in some fashion), and people like that don't go to heaven. You can throw some scriptures in there to prove it. Maybe lead off with Ephesians 4:31-32 (KJV)

:roflmao:

If you want to upset him, use what ammo he used against you. I find that people generally attack others verbally with things that would set them off also (even though we are all wired a bit different). Since he played the "prayer" card, send him an email telling him that revenge is a sin (if it turns out he's buying the book just so he can mess with you in some fashion), and people like that don't go to heaven. You can throw some scriptures in there to prove it. Maybe lead off with Ephesians 4:31-32 (KJV)

:roflmao:

:roflmao: :roflmao:

"He knows what he is doing when he is asking to have the transaction cancelled, and I would venture a guess I'm not the only seller he's tried this with."

By reading his past FB, it seems that he has had buyers remorse in the past, so your guess appears correct.

"Will I get a Neg for it? Yeah, probably. Am I going to make sure I earn it? Oh, yeah, most certainly. :devil: "

Brilliant.

What a stoopid thread . . . zzz

Really, you're not better off for being made aware of this guy's antics?

Nope, not really - he seems to have an affinity for you. :grin: What's worse are the other posters comments that this thread has generated. :P

What a stoopid thread . . . zzz

???

You know, every time you post I try to give you the benefit of the doubt thinking maybe you'll have a decent side and yet again you meet people's expectations.

Do you really talk this way in public as well or just on the internet?