• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please add this flake to your eBay Blocked bidder's list.

196 posts in this topic

I'm not one to start one of these threads, as I'm generally willing to forgive a lone transgression. But three? C'mon!

Anyway, long story short. The ebay bidder project-rebirth has now bid on or BINed three of my books over the last three months (one back in October, and two in the past week).

The first one he decided to pass on because he didn't know what "professionally pressed" in the description meant, and decided to pass on the book after I explained it to him (post sale, BTW).

Okay, that's fine. He could've bothered to ask before buying the book, but whatever, if its a genuine concern, I'll let it go.

Last week, he buys another book from me, only to email me soon thereafter with this:

Hi, I wanted to contact you as soon as I realized a mistake was made. I had saved some of your books in my favorites file and my wife had mistakenly hit the buy it now (I think it was Friday) for this book although it was another of your books that I wanted to purchase.

I'm terribly sorry. Could we please agree to cancel this transaction for this book so that your ebay fee will be returned?

I hope you will also allow me to buy other books that I am interested in.

Again, I truly apologize for this inconvenience.

Again, being the kind-hearted sucker that I am, I cancel the transaction and get back to enjoying the holidays.

Yesterday, he bids on and wins another of my books. Today, I get this:

Thank you George.

I can't believe I'm bothering you with my problems. A family emergency with my step-son has just arisen. I have to be completely honest, I can't afford this book right now.

If you look at my feedback, I am a reliable buyer & never got myself into situations before. I've only been on ebay about 2 years. I buy all the books for my son & step-son (who has some medical issues.)

I'm having a rough few weeks with many things right now. I apologize deeply for involving you in my mess.

I'm not trying to make excuses & I understand if you are fed up with me (although, I have to say, you have been wonderful).

Again, I wanted to contact you immediately. I understand completely if you prefer that I no longer bother you with bidding on your books. I deserve it.

I have to ask if you will agree to mutually cancel this transaction so that you will be reimbursed for your ebay fee.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

In response, I send him this email:

Rob,

I think what I'm going to do is invoice you, and whether you decide to make good on payment is up to you. If you don't, eBay will issue you a non-paying bidder strike, which will remain on your account for at least 12 months and possibly affect your ability to bid on items.

While I'm not unsympathetic to issues you may or may not be experiencing in your life, the fact is this is the third time you've bought a book from me only to come up with some reason why you couldn't or wouldn't complete the transaction. Frankly, your inability to honor your commitments shouldn't be my (reoccurring) problem.

And yes, your ID will be added to my blocked bidder list. I will also make your eBay ID public on the CGC Forums as someone who has backed out of three legitimate eBay transactions, so you might find yourself unable to bid on books from other sellers as well considering how many of the prominent eBay sellers are Forum members.

Good luck to you,

George

And yes, he responded, and I won't bore you with anymore of it. Needless to say, I'm now the villain and he will pray for me. :eyeroll:

In any event, the guy has excellent feedback, but don't let that fool you....he is a flake of the first order.

Happy New Year! :whee:

And yes, he responded, and I won't bore you with anymore of it. Needless to say, I'm now the villain and he will pray for me. :eyeroll:

But...but...the responses are the best part!

He IS well-spoken and thoughtful for a flake. I do appreciate the use of complete sentences and the respect shown for the English language.

In any event, the guy has excellent feedback, but don't let that fool you....he is a flake of the first order.

I pray for all Seahawks fans. :insane:

I pray for all Seahawks fans. :insane:

If Charlie Whitehurst is starting this Sunday, all the praying in the world isn't going to amount to a hill of beans. :tonofbricks:

Ya, I need a good laugh! lol

Ya, I need a good laugh! lol

I need proof. Show me a poll with a 2-to-1 majority. :flamed:

I swear I am selling to that guys brother on another board. I am giving him until Sunday. Then I give what he wants to a 9 year old. Yeah I may be out a few bucks. Oh the satisfaction of knowing he wont have a complete set after wasting my time.

It never ceases to amaze me the cajones that some people have. Personally, even over the Internet!, I would have been to embarrassed to cancel a THIRD deal with the same seller!

I swear, there's no hope for the human race!

That being said, I thnk we need to see the response praying for your soul (thumbs u

I forgot to say before that that was a SWEET response to his email George! As much of a PITA as this has probably been for you, it had to feel good typing that up and sending it. Well done (thumbs u

Now, quit screwing around and post his dang response praying for you ASAP lol

we need to see the response praying for your soul (thumbs u

I love it when someone clearly in the wrong throws that "praying for my soul" gambit at me.

I usually respond to such sentiments with one of two images:

face-melt.jpg

or

3050354749_8d2ce85f29_o.gif

:)

Actually, go back a few pages in feedback he has left for others (around pages 5-7). He went on a negative feedback blitz in 2009. Looks like he is more dangerous than may seem.

His most recent negative for Comicsnfun - isn't that a board member?

Project-Renege Feedback