• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-Man 1 - All facts about Todd's Spider-Man issue one.

145 posts in this topic

I still have my copy of the Platinum edition, and it's still in the original envelope from Marvel with the letter. We received it by mail directly from MArvel to our shop. I could post pics tonight if anyone is interested.

Post the pics please. I love everything new I find out about this issue.

I still have my copy of the Platinum edition, and it's still in the original envelope from Marvel with the letter. We received it by mail directly from MArvel to our shop. I could post pics tonight if anyone is interested.

Here ya go...here's my copy, with the letter and the original mailing envelope and all.

27444AE5-9917-499A-9F19-55175F9A7B7D-2934-000001D69374370A.jpg

Here ya go...here's my copy, with the letter and the original mailing envelope and all.

AWESOME! :ohnoez:

(worship)

It is kinda cool :)

Actually, I'll check the date on the stamp and post it...in case someone wants to know exactly when Marvel shipped these out to retailers.

Also, can anyone guess the name of our comic shop (or if anyone remembers)? ;)

It is kinda cool :)

Actually, I'll check the date on the stamp and post it...in case someone wants to know exactly when Marvel shipped these out to retailers.

Serious_Nod_Smiley_by_Mirz123.gif

:grin:

Here's a close-up of the stamp and date...plus a couple other tidbits of info ;)

As we can see, Marvel mailed it out March 28, 1991 :)

D120Astamp419-1857-43DF-9171-536D1BFF1198-4976-000002DF2B4DA82F-1.jpg

I went to a record-comic store.. there entire inventory of comicbooks was filled with 6 long boxes of deathmate # 1 by image comics.. reduced to .50 cents an issue..

oops i ment valiant comics..

You had it right the first time.

Deathmate was the worst thing that ever had the word "Valiant" on it. Why is that? Because it also had the word "Image" on it.

Image pooped in those longboxes, Valiant just held the lid.

Will you consider $1000 for your platinum?

Im set collecting all the spiderman #1s from each country and i like your envelope

Will you consider $1000 for your platinum?

Im set collecting all the spiderman #1s from each country and i like your envelope

It's real. I've actually touched it. Ooooohhhh.... (thumbs u

That is so cool! (worship)

I still have my letter, though I had given away my Spidey 1 Platinum years ago.

:(

I've got a platinum. No letter or envelope though. Wish I did. For 1K, it'd be gone quick. :grin:

I've got a platinum. No letter or envelope though. Wish I did. For 1K, it'd be gone quick. :grin:

Let me dig it out. You can have the letter.

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Just to be clear, if I had the letter and envelope and someone offered me 1K for it, I'd sell it in a heartbeat.

I'm not offering 1K for the letter and/or envelope.

(pretty sure you understood my original post, but covering my bases. Not trying to get locked into some marketplace trouble)

Happy New Year!

Just to be clear, if I had the letter and envelope and someone offered me 1K for it, I'd sell it in a heartbeat.

(pretty sure you understood my original post, but covering my bases. Not trying to get locked into some marketplace trouble)

Just to be clear, I was giving you the letter for free, and in no way assumed you were going to pay me $1,000 for a gift. Though I wish I could give gifts away like that every day.

:cloud9:

But if you need this for a resale versus a fan of the comic, I'd rather the letter go to someone that collects these books. No offense meant to you, though.

Happy New Year!

Just to be clear, I was giving you the letter for free, and in no way assumed you were going to pay me $1,000 for a gift. Though I wish I could give gifts away like that every day.

But if you need this for a resale versus a fan of the comic, I'd rather the letter go to someone that collects these books. No offense meant to you, though.

:applause: That's very generous of you Nick.

Happy New Year!

That is super generous of you. I wouldn't sell it if it was given to me as a gift.

I was thrilled when I got my platinum book a few years back at one of the board swap meets we used to do. It was always one of those books that I coveted when I was first really into collecting. Couldn't afford it at the time. The one LCS in my area that had one back then had a price tag of $500 on it.

Prices on it have certainly cooled since then. My copy is "only" an 8.5.

Here's my contribution, along with the signed letter and shipping receipt from Lou Bank who was Marvel Director Of Sales.

Before anyone asks, yes it is for sale. :devil:

Spider-Man1Platinum.jpg

SM1PlatinumLetter.jpg

SM1PlatinumReceipt.jpg

Ohhhhhh.....Ahhhhhhhhhhh....Indeed!!!