• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kick Azz Toys From Your Childhood...
1 1

964 posts in this topic

Cool stuff!

Thanks. Got lucky and surprised with this grab. One or two have broken thumb, one broken weapon along with couple I think ripped cloaks but all the rest are complete.

Sure. Here are the last few pages of the thread, but feel free to start at the top (it starts in 2010, I believe) :

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1051112-19/

Peace,

Chip

Well...I read through the thread and unless I missed something, I didn't see anyone say it absolutely wasn't coming out, just that it was still delayed.

So, glass half full tonight for me!

I didn't say it wasn't coming out. You asked if it was *close* to coming out, and I said it wasn't (close to coming out). Sorry for the confusion.

Peace,

Chip

(thumbs u

Sure. Here are the last few pages of the thread, but feel free to start at the top (it starts in 2010, I believe) :

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1051112-19/

Peace,

Chip

Well...I read through the thread and unless I missed something, I didn't see anyone say it absolutely wasn't coming out, just that it was still delayed.

So, glass half full tonight for me!

From what I've seen happen over the last few years, it appears the excitement and anticipation towards projects like the 2nd edition Kellerman, and especially the Saga Museum project, were mostly met with overcomittment and underdelivery.

This was mostly evident by the eagerness of the collector community, how that excitement got tapped through pre-orders, and finally how these projects hit delay after delay. It got so bad that threads kept cropping-up with angry prepaid orderers wanting a status check, which quickly turned into a mudslinging match critiquing everything from the way these projects were marketed right through to their content and creators.

As a sideline observer who witnessed this at the tail-end of the downward spin, as cool as these publications sound, I adopted the "wait til it comes out on DVD" approach to buying them - namely that they'll be just as cool to read and flip through when I see them in stock on Amazon or on eBay.

In John Kellerman's defense, he's been very sick. As far as Demartino, it could be just the vastness of the project that is causing delays...kind-of a "collapsing on itself" scenario.

Peace,

Chip

In John Kellerman's defense, he's been very sick. As far as Demartino, it could be just the vastness of the project that is causing delays...kind-of a "collapsing on itself" scenario.

Peace,

Chip

I realize that and it certainly is good reason, but the pre-order controversy is what it is. My mentioning the back story was merely intended to explain why I'm waiting until they are completed and available for purchase.

Drove in to see mom yesterday & was told to start taking more of my carp to my house. Today, we have some electronics.

Price tag from Osco says 18.99, but the joy on Christmas morning when pong showed up on the screen instead of cartoons ... :whee:

photo-4.jpg

I need to pick up some "C" batteries and make sure it still works, but I'm confident.

Merlin (left) is working just fine. My youngest was playing last night & thought it was pretty cool. Split Second didn't work w/batteries, but I'm hoping that the wall adapter will change things.

photo-7.jpg

All three work! The movement from left-to-right on Space Invaders will stick a little, but still playable (I think it's my brothers' anyway). That bad boy was 29.95 back in '81. Played an entire game of football as soon as I found a 9-volt. 16-0 final (I forgot about safties!).

photo-6.jpg

Went in on this lot with a fellow collector friend of mine down in Texas. Biggest lot we've scored, 17 figures in total including another grail for me, a black Cleveland Brown. We'll end up chopping the lot but I'm still going to be able to pick up some much needed pieces to complete the collection.

$(KGrHqJHJB!E-EtEG7n)BPp)8!JhN!~~60_12.JPG

All three work! The movement from left-to-right on Space Invaders will stick a little, but still playable (I think it's my brothers' anyway). That bad boy was 29.95 back in '81. Played an entire game of football as soon as I found a 9-volt. 16-0 final (I forgot about safties!).

photo-6.jpg

I had the Space Invaders and Football. I'm pretty sure neither works anymore. lol