• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kick Azz Toys From Your Childhood...
1 1

964 posts in this topic

A boardie asked me to share these - just back from AFA. They are Lili Ledy fixed rocket and removable rocket Boba Fetts:

RR_FR_BF_AFA.jpg

Your collection is so nice that I'm considering selling mine.

Pat

Post some pics of the collection (thumbs u

A boardie asked me to share these - just back from AFA. They are Lili Ledy fixed rocket and removable rocket Boba Fetts:

RR_FR_BF_AFA.jpg

Pat

Hell no! In comparison to yours, mine is garbage.

Pat

RR_FR_BF_AFA.jpg

Pat

Hell no! In comparison to yours, mine is garbage.

Pat

Believe me when I say that I truly enjoy seeing any vintage toys (especially Star Wars), and this thread is really about rekindling great childhood memories. (thumbs u

Just yesterday (day two of an annual flea market held in my parts) I picked up this classic game called KerPlunk (Ideal 1967 - Canadian box, first edition).

I couldn't pass it up - the box was in incredible shape, and the contents were all there. The Canadian version has the instruction sheet rather than the instructions printed on the inside top box, and the instruction sheet was there and in excellent shape.

After I bought it, I walked with it for the next 2 hours going through the rest of the place. No exaggeration - I had about a couple of dozen people (from all different ages) ask me where I'd found it, yelling "you scored", "great game", let's play, etc. There was even a little girl at one of the tables that just couldn't keep her eyes off the box.

For anyone who hasn't seen the game, here is an image I pulled off the web (mine has the original cat's eye marbles)

574287157_o.jpg

When I got home, my Son had already pinpointed it from my stash and kept asking to play it. We had a game and he kept asking to play more.

I think the real great thing about great toys is that the coolness doesn't get past anyone, young or old. The real great toys we call "classic" just have a staying power about them that overcomes generational gaps that "trendy" stuff just can't replicate.

RR_FR_BF_AFA.jpg

HOLY KARP Joe! What planet was I on that I missed this earth shattering update. You could've pmed me a heads up at the time so by now I'd be done drooling you teet. :baiting::kidaround:

RR_FR_BF_AFA.jpg

HOLY KARP Joe! What planet was I on that I missed this earth shattering update. You could've pmed me a heads up at the time so by now I'd be done drooling you teet. :baiting::kidaround:

lol (thumbs u

I bought this from a few pictures and the following video and had them routed directly from Mexico to AFA

The little click you hear at the 7 second mark of the video is the sound you should hear with an authentic removable rocket properly seating in the rocket pack:

Outside of not having the blue guns they originally came with allowed for grading (had to ask the seller to dispatch black Ledy guns to AFA), I was happy with the result.

Thanks! After completing my run of series 1 and 2 diecast ships, I stored most of it away.

I'm a terrible photographer and I'm surprised those last two came out so good. But sharing and seeing what other people collect is pretty cool, so next chance I get, I'll post a few others.

Here is an old photo I took when I was experimenting with displaying some of them on a comic rack using star cases:

Carded-1.jpg

That Blue Snaggletooth up top is on a repo card right?

That figure only came polybagged in the Sears Creature Cantina playset right?

hm

Thanks! After completing my run of series 1 and 2 diecast ships, I stored most of it away.

I'm a terrible photographer and I'm surprised those last two came out so good. But sharing and seeing what other people collect is pretty cool, so next chance I get, I'll post a few others.

Here is an old photo I took when I was experimenting with displaying some of them on a comic rack using star cases:

Carded-1.jpg

That Blue Snaggletooth up top is on a repo card right?

That figure only came polybagged in the Sears Creature Cantina playset right?

hm

Yes, these only came in baggies with the Sears Cantina playset (cardboard version, not the hard plastic version) and as such is considered a custom.

It is the best Blue Snag I have ever seen/owned and if I kept it loose, I would only be tempted to send this in to AFA and resell. It would easily come back an AFA 90.

I remember a toy that I LOVED from my childhood.....this would be mid 60's and it was a rocket ship based on a TV show......it was called X- "something" and was very cool. Any one else remember these ? Also these action figures....very solid, a cowboy and an indian and another was a Knight that had armour that could be put on and taken off. I think they all had fairly large horses that went with them ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Yes, these only came in baggies with the Sears Cantina playset (cardboard version, not the hard plastic version) and as such is considered a custom.

It is the best Blue Snag I have ever seen/owned and if I kept it loose, I would only be tempted to send this in to AFA and resell. It would easily come back an AFA 90.

cool brother.

Those are really known for folks doing cheap silver paint resto on the boots.

Is yours dented or not dented boot version?

Also have the seen the comic con 2012 exclusive gentle giant

(Action Collection Sized) version of this figure?

128530.jpg

128531.jpg

Freaking Sweet!

(worship)

cool brother.

Those are really known for folks doing cheap silver paint resto on the boots.

Is your dented or not dented boot version?

Also have the seen the comic con 2012 exclusive gentle giant

(Action Collection Sized) version of this figure?

128530.jpg

128531.jpg

Freaking Sweet!

(worship)

WOW! No I haven't seen that!! That looks awesome! Looks like I'm going to break my rule and buy something modern.

I think I have the blue snags here because I sold two of them recently (prompted by a big trade with a fellow from the UK who made me an offer I couldn't refuse). I'll line-up what I've got and take some pics.

Is this it:

fireball.jpg

YES :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

The one pictured above was made by Multiple (1964). Some of the toys from this TV series (if I recall it was UK based) goes for ridiculous money. Pretty rare stuff that sells strong even in beat up shape. There have also been reissues of the ship (models, toys) in the last decade which also sell for a premium.

Is this it:

fireball.jpg

The one pictured above was made by Multiple (1964). Some of the toys from this TV series (if I recall it was UK based) goes for ridiculous money. Pretty rare stuff that sells strong even in beat up shape. There have also been reissues of the ship (models, toys) in the last decade which also sell for a premium.

Do you remember the name of the show ?.....I loved it when I was a kid. There were a lot of cool toys , models, and shows back then. Afew posts earlier I saw Major Matt Mason.....I remember him. Cartoons were :cloud9: Herculoids, Cool McCool, Beatles, Space Ghost, Frankenstein Junior, George ofd the Jungle....wow. GOD BLESS....

Edited by jimjum12

Is this it:

fireball.jpg

Do you remember the name of the show ?.....I loved it when I was a kid. There were a lot of cool toys , models, and shows back then. Afew posts earlier I saw Major Matt Nelson.....I remember him. Cartoons were :cloud9: Herculoids, Cool McCool, Beatles, Space Ghost, Frankenstein Junior, George ofd the Jungle....wow. GOD BLESS....

No, not this particular show. The TV show was called Fireball XL5. All the other cartoons I remember well because they were syndicated well into the 70's. If I had to pick one, I think my all-time favourite TV cartoon was the Great Grape Ape.

I was a child of the 80's so I grew up on star wars/He-Man/GI Joe and loads of other popular 80's toys (I was spoiled :blush: ) But my favorite toys were 20 years before my time...

69_christmas_ad.jpg

I was a huge fan of everything space! When I would visit my grandparents over the summers MMM would be waiting for me. My Grandfather was a fan of space items as well and back in the day used my aunts/uncles/mother as an excuse to buy tons MMM toys (enough to probably keep the local woolworths in business :cloud9:). I still have most of the collection, though they are broken with rusted wires, cracked plastic, and missing stickers. They are some of my most cherished possessions.