• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kick Azz Toys From Your Childhood...
1 1

964 posts in this topic

I was a child of the 80's so I grew up on star wars/He-Man/GI Joe and loads of other popular 80's toys (I was spoiled :blush: ) But my favorite toys were 20 years before my time...

69_christmas_ad.jpg

I was a huge fan of everything space! When I would visit my grandparents over the summers MMM would be waiting for me. My Grandfather was a fan of space items as well and back in the day used my aunts/uncles/mother as an excuse to buy tons MMM toys (enough to probably keep the local woolworths in business :cloud9:). I still have most of the collection, though they are broken with rusted wires, cracked plastic, and missing stickers. They are some of my most cherished possessions.

....I had NO idea that so much went with him. Impressive. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Weren't they called "Visionaries"?

That's what I remember them as. Dang, this is starting to bring back all kinds of memories.

Here's one some may remember, was a cartoon as well. I used to play with these all the time.

Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors

iframe>

I was a child of the 80's so I grew up on star wars/He-Man/GI Joe and loads of other popular 80's toys (I was spoiled :blush: ) But my favorite toys were 20 years before my time...

69_christmas_ad.jpg

I was a huge fan of everything space! When I would visit my grandparents over the summers MMM would be waiting for me. My Grandfather was a fan of space items as well and back in the day used my aunts/uncles/mother as an excuse to buy tons MMM toys (enough to probably keep the local woolworths in business :cloud9:). I still have most of the collection, though they are broken with rusted wires, cracked plastic, and missing stickers. They are some of my most cherished possessions.

....I had NO idea that so much went with him. Impressive. GOD BLESS....

MMM had literally tons of stuff (alot of items were adapted to the MMM brand from other toy lines that didn't pan out under the Mattel brand). There is currently a movie in the development stage based on the toy line. I wont bore anyone with the details cause I could (and have on occasion) talked for hours about toys, the branding, and even the warehouse finds in the late 90's that dropped the price of the evil alien scorpio from 2k to 200$ !

One of the toys that seems to be lost in time are the Super Joes

(the Action Team of the 70's that was built off of the G.I. Joe line)

"you can imagine"...

128532.jpg

These were awesome, but unfortunately because of the times (the 70's oil crisis) the plastic joints were made very, very cheaply so it is impossible to find these intact today because the joints disintegrated and after about a decade the toys basically fell apart. Even the toys that managed to stay sealed on card the figures all these years are nothing but a pile of parts due to those joints.

......I think I had him also.....was he blue or green with an exposed brain....or something like that? GOD BLESS....

Never mind.....he went with Captain Action. GOD BLESS....

I posted this in the garage sale thread as I unearthed it from one last weekend - then during the time I was researching it, I stumbled across a really cool and recent blog post and instantly fell in love. When it comes to toys, you guys know me as mainly being a Star Wars collector, but with this experience and the MASK haul, I found it fascinating how a lucky find and some historical context can turn even the most focused collector into a distracted mess:

2012-07-21130058.jpg

I LOVED those football helmets as a kid.

Ironic that the Broncos' helmet is on the top, because that's where we're going to be this year baby!

Pat

Ditto Pat. Did you notice the orange Miami logo sitting on the desk? The set came with white and orange (orange was for ONE season...never implemented though) and the OO put the orange logo on the helmet. Cool logo ! (thumbs u

128604.jpg.9f63a8d74d0d693796a5587cd51b28d4.jpg

Edited by peewee22

Anybody remember these kits? Advertised in comics for many years. :applause:

Those are great. I remember getting some out of the quarter machines at the grocery store. That and the baseball helmets you used to get with your ice cream. Not sure if that was Dairy Queen or what but I loved getting those baseball hats.

Here's 2 more for the collection. The Lion is very tough but nothing compared to the Chief. Next to New Orleans the Chief is the toughest figure to locate. Pretty happy with these as all of the original rubber bands are nice and tight and not rotted away.

IMG_0693.jpg