• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kick Azz Toys From Your Childhood...
1 1

964 posts in this topic

Got any that are AFA graded? I have been buying Star Wars 12 backs in straight AFA 85 or higher. Problem is, it is getting hard to locate some in straight '85'. Keep trying though...

Those 'Joes' are cool. I was looking into completing my carded collection. Never got around to it...

Respectfully,

'mint'

Nice! The desert scene Boba Fett is one of the most popular among Fett focus collecters and one of the few carded Fett variations I don't own. The ROTJ and Droids line are highly susceptible to yellowing blisters so finding one that is clear and at the right price is a challenge.

The ROTJ and Droids line are highly susceptible to yellowing blisters so finding one that is clear and at the right price is a challenge.

I'd abandon that quest, since any clear bubble ROTJ/POTF/Droids/Super Powers Series 3/etc. will all yellow eventually based on Kenner's change of the bubble manufacturing in 1982. They used some cheaper stuff, so it's all inevitable unfortunately.

Peace,

Chip

The ROTJ and Droids line are highly susceptible to yellowing blisters so finding one that is clear and at the right price is a challenge.

I'd abandon that quest, since any clear bubble ROTJ/POTF/Droids/Super Powers Series 3/etc. will all yellow eventually based on Kenner's change of the bubble manufacturing in 1982. They used some cheaper stuff, so it's all inevitable unfortunately.

Peace,

Chip

I hear ya. I don't collect GI Joe figures for this reason as well.

Snapped some pics while I was doing some organizing.

The 48 Back-C's are a focus of mine. Story behind my interest in collecting them is that I ran into a Boba Fett example some twenty years ago at a shop in Bloor West Village. I remember at the time the store owner was asking a lot of money - more than I could muster up on a student budget.

After finding a really nice 48 Back-C Boba Fett last year, I decided to start collecting all the "C" figures. These have either a screened "Revenge of the Jedi - Free Ackbar Figure" offer, or are stickered.

You could see in the two variations of the Snowtrooper that the sticker version is the one with the "Revenge of the Jedi" offer on the top right corner. The R2 is the only one that can't be clearly made out in the picture (far left).

The second last photo shows a few Fett variations. These are just the ones I had out at the time. The ones absent are mostly Canadian variations. From left to right of the carded, two 48 Back-C's, a 21 Back, a Palitoy unpainted knee. Both the Palitoy and Trilogo much lighter in colour.

From left to right for the loose, there's a Trilogo, fixed rocket Lili Ledy, removable rocket Lili Ledy, and other variations (Japan, HK, etc.).

The last photo is a close-up shot of the removable rocket Ledy Fett:

48-Back-Cs.jpg

48-Back-Cs2.jpg

48-Back-Cs1.jpg

Lili_Ledy_Fett-1.jpg

Thanks! It's been fun and I think my entrance was timed well in relation to finding pieces I've always wanted at more reasonable prices than they've been in the past 4-5 years. Just looked over a Premier Collectibles Auction from 2008 yesterday and the prices for some of this stuff (including CGC comics) was just plain absurd!

I'd like to have more Ledy stuff, but it's just impossible and dealing with collectors in Mexico carries risks. Outside of my 12 Back and 48 Back-C focuses, my other character focuses are Jawa, Yoda and Army Builders (mainly Stormies/Snowies/TIE Pilots/Sandcrawlers). The only carded Ledy I have is a Yoda and I was able to wriggle it free from a long-time Lili Ledy collector who sold off his entire collection to collect GI Joe's.

I have several loose Ledy's, but my favourite is the Jawa. Yoda is a close second. The Jawa has a removable hood which is often faked and/or the Ledy gun along with the hood are often missing. Second shot is a different angle on the Yoda - darker green, brown (rubbery snake) and cane are all slightly different in colour from the US version which is pictured next to it with the orange snake:

Ledy_Yoda_Jawa2.jpg

Ledy_Yoda_Jawa.jpg

Thanks! After completing my run of series 1 and 2 diecast ships, I stored most of it away.

I'm a terrible photographer and I'm surprised those last two came out so good. But sharing and seeing what other people collect is pretty cool, so next chance I get, I'll post a few others.

Here is an old photo I took when I was experimenting with displaying some of them on a comic rack using star cases:

Carded-1.jpg

Thanks! After completing my run of series 1 and 2 diecast ships, I stored most of it away.

I'm a terrible photographer and I'm surprised those last two came out so good. But sharing and seeing what other people collect is pretty cool, so next chance I get, I'll post a few others.

Here is an old photo I took when I was experimenting with displaying some of them on a comic rack using star cases:

Carded-1.jpg

HOLY WOW.

YOU WANT TO SELL ME SOME OF YOUR FETTS. THESE ARE NOT THE DROIDS YOU WERE LOOKING FOR.

Cool! I remember having that Hulk - I tossed the white smock the second I took it out of the box!

I know of a MIB example of the Aliens - after seeing yours and the one in the PCA catalog I'm thinking I need to get me one hm

That's a killer looking dark green Yoda. My snake from the US version is brown, but I haven't seen a greenish looking one like that very often. The accessories came in 5 colors.

I added a posting to show all 5 variations.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t1507-color-of-cane-yoda-with-snake

That's a great thread! Thanks for the link!

Now I'm going to have to line-up my Yoda's - the only thing I've ever really taken note of when collecting variations is eye, skin and snake colour. Until I came into the loose Ledy, I hadn't really had the occasion to note cane colour.

I too have the brown snake US version which I know were on the POTF and I believe they first appeared on a 65 back ROTJ. When comparing the US brown snake and the Ledy, the skin colour on the Ledy is a slightly darker green.

Do you have a Hungarian pig-nosed Yoda yet? :) Those go for stupid money.

Peace,

Chip

I collect foreign, but my cut-off is bootlegs. While it's a neat collecting niche that commands insane prices, I'm indifferent to "bootlegs" and would rather stick with licensed toys. Here's a pic for anyone whose wondering how it looks:

hungarian-yodas-compare.jpg