• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kick Azz Toys From Your Childhood...
1 1

964 posts in this topic

I'm hoping this one just needs better batteries (5 Ds for goodness sake). The machine is immaculate, the box survived, so I'm hoping we just need some juice.

photo-5.jpg

I had one of those!!! that thing was the shiznit

Went in on this lot with a fellow collector friend of mine down in Texas. Biggest lot we've scored, 17 figures in total including another grail for me, a black Cleveland Brown. We'll end up chopping the lot but I'm still going to be able to pick up some much needed pieces to complete the collection.

$(KGrHqJHJB!E-EtEG7n)BPp)8!JhN!~~60_12.JPG

Sweet :applause:

Very cool!

I passed on so many cool toys over the years because they were missing accessories.

Just last week, there was a really great garage sale with a tonne of mid-80's stuff that you don't always see. A bunch of it was missing accessories and I didn't want to chance it on some of the toys with broken electronics.

For example, I could have picked up a lot of Star Wars ships (later releases) that were missing parts and I had no way to test to see if the electronics worked. A guy swooped in and grabbed them for $5. I later saw the ad on Kijiji listing them for $80 (now down to $70) and in the ad he misleadingly states two of the ships "have sounds" but "may need batteries." :P

A little over a year ago, I took on the task of completing several dozen figures I had purchased from a large collection and promised I would never do anything like that again. I learned a lot in the process, as far as distinguishing reproductions/fakes, but it's taken forever and can get expensive. I still have about a dozen figures left to complete. :pullhair:

In most cases, you are doing the right thing. It's so much easier and cheaper to get them with all the accessories. But in some cases, it's worth buying the majority and back filling. Especially if you have fun buying the accessories separately.

You always have to be careful on certain figures. There are the 1 or 2 pieces that are the true rarities. If those are missing, it's probably not worth it. Take the Scorponok above. For a completionist, the expensive piece are the two little orange guns. They go for $50 each if bought separately.

Pat

Well, after the disappointment of losing out on 2 figures I really needed, a Bronco and a black Chicago Bear, which went for nearly $200 and $300 respectively ( :screwy: $$ IMO), I was feeling blue and decided to cheer myself up with some new group shots. Enjoy. :grin:

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

Well, after the disappointment of losing out on 2 figures I really needed, a Bronco and a black Chicago Bear, which went for nearly $200 and $300 respectively ( :screwy: $$ IMO), I was feeling blue and decided to cheer myself up with some new group shots. Enjoy. :grin:

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

At some point soon you're going to want to get professional help for that, man. hm

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

Awesome! :cloud9:

At some point soon you're going to want to get professional help for that, man. hm

With which part? The hoarding? Or the fact that I have a collection of dolls? Or both? :insane:

The both. lol

I had a few of those when I was a kid. They may be in a box in the bottom of a closet at mom's house.

I had a few of those when I was a kid. They may be in a box in the bottom of a closet at mom's house.

Well get off your lazy can and go check it out. If you don't sell 'em to me I can at least tell you how much they're worth. While reasonably valued compared to some of our other interests, single pieces have been hitting the $150-$300 mark in recent weeks. Might be enough there to get you some new books........or maybe a couple of really nice lap dances.

Thanks for the well wishes - had a great one!

Still waiting on my figures to arrive from AFA :pullhair:

AFA lead times. CGC lead times. Does on-time delivery mean anything to anyone anymore? :sumo:

It left AFA May 26 - with the Memorial Day holiday and other unexplained delay craziness, I'm sweatimg bullets.

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

I can see OJ!

A boardie asked me to share these - just back from AFA. They are Lili Ledy fixed rocket and removable rocket Boba Fetts:

RR_FR_BF_AFA.jpg

Your collection is so nice that I'm considering selling mine.

Pat