• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kick Azz Toys From Your Childhood...
1 1

964 posts in this topic

Reading through this thread made me remember Micro Machines, i used to love these things! We made little battlegrounds and forts for our armies in the school grounds.

2001_MilitaryGiftPack1.jpg

I spot a TON of this stuff at yard sales and flea markets. I have yet to research the value of it, so I never buy it. I was not that big of a fan when they were originally released, but now they do seem cool.

I spot a TON of this stuff at yard sales and flea markets. I have yet to research the value of it, so I never buy it. I was not that big of a fan when they were originally released, but now they do seem cool.

Yeah there seems to be a lot of loose pieces around, if I were to get some again i'd love to get them in the original booster packs, the packaging was really cool.

Reading through this thread made me remember Micro Machines, i used to love these things! We made little battlegrounds and forts for our armies in the school grounds.

2001_MilitaryGiftPack1.jpg

I always wondered why they made the figurines though. They were no where near the scale of the vehicles. The vehicles were awesome, especially the Star Trek fleets.

I bought a collection of Garbage Pail Kids. In the collection, there are smaller versions of the 1st and 2nd series. They are dated 1985 and are in English. Can someone PM me if they have information about them?

Pat

Had a long day and would like to eventually do a line-up of my Boba Fett items at some point (sorry for the bad photo), but wanted to share what I just picked-up. Two prototypes - one being the centerpiece of my Fett focus. It's a prototype Rocket Firing (L-slot) Boba Fett:

rocket_firing_fett.jpg

Had a long day and would like to eventually do a line-up of my Boba Fett items at some point (sorry for the bad photo), but wanted to share what I just picked-up. Two prototypes - one being the centerpiece of my Fett focus. It's a prototype Rocket Firing (L-slot) Boba Fett:

rocket_firing_fett.jpg

WOW........Pardon the pun, but you don't play, brother. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Wow,how did you get that?

I had been looking for one for several years, but the difficulty was finding one that had been authenticated. My main reason for wanting it graded/authenticated is that has a high rate of being faked, cobbled together with repro parts, or found incomplete. The difficulty in finding on that is complete, with working rocket firing mechanism (spring/lever) and rocket is so incredibly difficult, that it's probably one of the primary reasons why there are only 15 authenticated examples of these in existence.

This particulate Fett prototype was originally salvaged/found in 1990 by an antique appraiser who had been called in to do an estate appraisal. The story sounds almost too unbelievable, but as it was told to me, during the time the appraiser was going through the home, he noticed it in a pile of toys. When he explained to the woman that it was a rare item, the woman insisted he took it for free as the man had initially refused to charge for an appraisal as the estate didn't require too much time to evaluate.

The Fett prototype (as well as the other prototype I purchased) were held by the appraiser's family for well over twenty years and reemerged for the first time in May of this year, purchased,graded and sold to me in the space of a month. It was so coincidental that that Toy Hunter thread emerged a few weeks ago on these boards as the deal to acquire this prototype had already been in place, but I didn't want to say much until I had it in-hand.

I really need to get back to my G1 autobot collection.
I just started picking up transfromers. All open and played with though, but I loved m originals as a kid, and there were a few I always wanted. Good luck, and if you have advice please share.

Thanks guys! (thumbs u

From left to right: Rocket Firing (L-slot) Boba Fett prototype, Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett (x 2), Lili Ledy fixed rocket Boba Fett (x 2), 21 Back Boba Fett, Custom/fan-made card Rocket Firing (J-slot) Boba Fett, 48 Back-C Boba Fett - Revenge of the Jedi Ackbar Figure offer (x 2), Palitoy ROTJ unpainted knee Boba Fett.

Above: series 1 Darth Vader TIE, prototype small-wing Darth Vader TIE carded on TIE fighter card (you could see the difference in size between the two die-cast Vader ships), Canadian 21 Back ESB Boba Fett, Hasbro 2010 Rocket Firing Boba Fett, POTF Boba Fett.

Laying flat: Lili Ledy fixed rocket Boba Fett, 4 loose figure variations including the Tri-Logo unpainted knee Boba Fett.

2012-08-19073553.jpg

2012-08-19073710.jpg

2012-08-19073750.jpg

2012-08-19073822.jpg

Below is an image from the Web that shows the back of the J-Slot custom card with a brief history of the the prototype Fett:

rf5.jpg