• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kick Azz Toys From Your Childhood...
1 1

964 posts in this topic

I had lots of the Colorforms sets, the Stretch Armstrong and the Six-Million Dollar Man with bionic arm and bionic vision when you looked through the back of his head.

This one, 30-something years later, is still fun. It makes a rising sound when you tilt it upward and a falling sound when you tilt it downward. The front lights simulate laster fire with light and sound. Also, the black wings are "interceptors," the gun turret is an escape pod, and the whole front section and exhaust disconnect and go together as a smaller vessel. Weeks of fun.

This is from a webpage about it. The one I have in my closet has all the decals on it.

starbird.jpg

http://www.bugeyedmonster.com/toys/starbird/

Sorry guys, but Electronic Quarterback kicked that sorry game's azz to Canton and back.

TEMPLATE%20hh%20coleco%20quarterback%20box%20front%20NM.JPG

Good Lord I forgot all about this game... I played it daily for a whole summer when I got it

Me too! I can still hear that noise that happened when you scored

One of my favorite toys from being a child.

5025396-m.jpg

I guess these are no longer around because kids have become sissys or something.

lawn-darts-injury.jpg

It had to be at least 39 years ago. My best friend came over and we played lawn darts. I am guessing we were 8 or 9. I hit him in the temple with one. Blood was everywhere. There should be a minimum age limit on these.

I had lots of the Colorforms sets, the Stretch Armstrong and the Six-Million Dollar Man with bionic arm and bionic vision when you looked through the back of his head.

This one, 30-something years later, is still fun. It makes a rising sound when you tilt it upward and a falling sound when you tilt it downward. The front lights simulate laster fire with light and sound. Also, the black wings are "interceptors," the gun turret is an escape pod, and the whole front section and exhaust disconnect and go together as a smaller vessel. Weeks of fun.

This is from a webpage about it. The one I have in my closet has all the decals on it.

starbird.jpg

http://www.bugeyedmonster.com/toys/starbird/

Wwowowowowow! I thought i dug up everything i had as a kid, but this was totaly forgotten. What a blast from the past, thanks!!!!

Just wrapped up a deal today for these. Although Cowboys figures are arguably the easiest to find (along with Steelers), finding them boxed is one thing, finding them on blister cards is damn near impossible. The fact that one of them is the African American version is just icing on the cake of rarity. :cloud9:

cowboy1.jpg

cowboy2.jpg

I had this as a kid. Still have the toy, parts, and box. But the box is ripped. So I'm always looking for an upgrade.

Lame toy, but I always enjoyed it for some reason.

3067948569_32d0132fae_o.jpg