• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kick Azz Toys From Your Childhood...
1 1

964 posts in this topic

This is one of two boxed Shogun Warriors I bought this past week.

They are sure gi-normus.

PB150001.jpg

PB160001.jpg

Nice Pickups. Nice clean box Too. Congrats

very nice indeed. I still love my childhood copies of Goldrake and Raydeen (born in Italy so actually got a Goldrake off the shelf).

Best part was when I opened the star thrower. The other 6 stars were included!

Just missing 1 axe.

I'd love to have a Goldrake. Probably won't ever own one.

Pat

My Uncle Don worked for Mattel and my dad did some PR work for the original Battlestar Galactica TV show, so in 1979, I got a bunch of BSG toys from my uncle and a presskit with photographs of the cast from my dad. It was awesome.

bsg4t.jpg

Seconded only by:

2344607212_fe688cbe3c.jpg

The Green Machine was definitely one of the reasons I grew up to love hot rods. I mean, look at that thing compared to a plain ol' Big Wheel. It was awesome, and everyone wanted to take it out for a spin.

I really miss the days before political correctness ran amuck and the League of Hysterical Mothers of America Opposed to Just About Everything succeeded in eliminating so much that was great fun from the lives of little kids. I fondly look back on the days when this type of weaponry whose pictures I lifted from the net was marketed by the major toy companies:

AMonkeyDivision.jpg

AJohnny.jpg

AMattel2.jpg

AMan.jpg

The best personal defence weapons that a young fellow can find in toy stores these days would be the likes of this pair::

N-Strike Recon CS6 Nerf Gun

NerfGun.jpg

Super Soaker 50

SuperSoaker2.jpg

Nonetheless, still enough to stop little sister or the family dog right in their tracks!

:headbang:

Edited by Hepcat

The best personal defence weapons that a young fellow can find in toy stores these days would be the likes of this pair::

N-Strike Recon CS6 Nerf Gun

NerfGun.jpg

Nonetheless, still enough to stop little sister or the family dog right in their tracks!

You need to get the Vulcan

nerf-guns-9-470-0409.jpg

Fully auto

family dog right in their tracks!

You need to get the Vulcan

nerf-guns-9-470-0409.jpg

Fully auto

that looks badass lol

I happened to check out the FS thread this morning and saw the Micronauts 9.8W for sale...which immediately brought back flooding memories of this... :grin:

micronautsbattlecruiser.jpg

I remember desperately asking Santa for the Micronauts Battle Cruiser...I wanted it so badly...think my parents had to run all over looking for it, but there it was Christmas morning...and it was KICK AZZ! :cloud9: I loved this thing...especially the ship could fire the two side rockets and then had two smaller firing rockets that you could attach to the tail. Plus it was motorized...this was awsome...I played with it for years...although I did loose if for some time. You could pry off the orange heads of the rockets and essential fire the "sticks" --- they flew much faster and farther (essentially you could use the rocket launchers as hand guns :devil: ...all until I decided to shoot my younger brother...mom took 'em away for a while :cry:

Anyway, this was the best toy I ever had...what say you....PS anyone else have this beast!!!!!

Loved my Micronauts. Never got the love they deserved. Spent days playing with them!!!! Great memories!!!